The 2017 Terry Scholarship Application will be available October 1, 2016.
Scholarship Deadline: January 13, 2017
Are you Eligible?
U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident
A record of leadership in school and/or community
Strong academic abilities, as evidence by grades
- GPA - minimum 3.0
- prior to March 2016, 1060 based on critical reading and math
- after March 2016, 1130 based on Evidence-Based Reading & Math
- or ACT - minimum 23
Demonstrate financial need
Will graduate from a Texas high school or homeschool program
Acceptance to TWU as a full-time first-year student in the fall
How to Apply
- Go to the TWU Pioneer Scholarship System and apply for the Terry Foundation FTIC Scholarship
- You will be required to provide email addresses of two individuals who can provide letters of recommendation that are specific to obtaining the Terry Scholarship at TWU and speak of both your academic and leadership abilities
- File a FAFSA, and submit the TWU Certification Information Form (CIF) online via your pioneer portal beginning January 1 and no later than February 15
- You must complete both the 2016-2017 application for financial aid for consideration of TWU grants and loans, and the 2017-2018 application for financial aid, for Terry Foundation Scholarship consideration.
The Selection Process
Texas Woman’s University will review all applications submitted, interview a select number of students and 30 nominees will be forwarded to the Foundation for review and final interviews by Foundation representatives.
The award amount is determined annually based on the cost of attendance here at TWU, including tuition, fees, books, on-campus housing, meal plan and personal expenses. The actual amount of the award will vary for each scholar, depending on other scholarship awards and the ability of the scholar's family to contribute to the cost of college.
The Foundation provides assistance to cover up to the total cost of attendance for four years. All final decisions regarding Terry Foundation Scholarship awards and award amounts are made by the Terry Foundation. In 2016 the Terry Foundation granted $116,000 to 13 TWU first-year students. Please note that TWU serves as a nominating body only; final decisions regarding scholarship awards are made by the Terry Foundation.
Terry Scholars are required to live on campus. Terry Scholars live together during the first year in Guinn Hall. Living together helps create a strong community and Terry Scholars form lasting friendships during their time in the residence hall. Many choose to continue to live with other Terry Scholars on campus after their first year.
On-campus housing applications and deposits are required prior to award of scholarship.
Continuing Scholar Expectations
To continue receiving these scholarships each year, you must meet the following renewal criteria:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA each semester (most Terry Scholars maintain cumulative GPAs above a 3.0)
- Maintain full-time enrollment status and obtain advance permission before making any changes in full-time enrollment status, including withdrawal or transfer
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year and comply with any verification requests
- Write and submit to the Terry Foundation an acceptable self-evaluation letter each year
- Attend all functions sponsored by the Terry Foundation (3 per academic year)
- Comply with all aspects of the university code of conduct and the Terry Foundation Scholar Handbook
Technology issuesThe TWU Technology Service Desk can provide additional support at 940-898-3971 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director, Terry Scholars Program
PO BOX 425379
Denton, TX 76204
page last updated 9/12/2016 9:42 AM