Apply for the 2015 Terry Foundation Scholarship Application
Are you Eligible?
U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident
A record of leadership in school and/or community
Strong academic abilities, as evidence by grades (minimum 3.0 GPA) and SAT (minimum 1060 critical reading & math combined) and/or ACT (minimum 23)
Demonstrate financial need
Will graduate from a Texas high school or homeschool program
Acceptance to TWU as a full-time entering freshman in the fall
How to Apply
- Submit your completed Terry application and essays no later than January 30th
(You must use Adobe Reader to open & fill out application)
- Include two (2) letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes with your completed Terry application
- Both letters MUST be specific to obtaining the Terry Scholarship at TWU
- Both letters MUST speak of both academic and leadership abilities
- File a FAFSA, and submit the TWU Certification Information Form (CIF) online via your pioneer portal beginning January 1and no later than February 15
Submitting Your Application
Only typed applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considerd.
Mail your completed Terry Application, essays and letters of recommendation to :
Terry Foundation Scholarships
TWU Student Life Office
PO Box 425379
Denton, TX 76204
For your application to be considered, your application, essays and letters of recommendation must be submitted by January 15, 2015. Mailed applications MUST be postmarked no later than January 15, 2015 to be considered. Admissions to TWU must be completed at this time, any/all transcripts and test scores on fill at this time will be considered.
The Selection Process
Texas Woman’s University will review all applications submitted, interview a select number of students and 33 nominees will be forwarded to the Foundation for review and final interviews by Foundation representatives.
The award amount is determined annually based on the cost of attendance here at TWU, including tuition, fees, books, on-campus housing, meal plan and personal expenses. The actual amount of the award will vary for each scholar, depending on other scholarship awards and the ability of the scholar's family to contibute to the cost of college.
The Foundation provides assistance to cover up to the total cost of attendance for four years. All final decisions regarding Terry Foundation Scholarship awards and award amounts are made by the Terry Foundation. In 2014 the Terry Foundation granted scholarship awards to 16 TWU incoming freshmen students. Awards average $57,200 over a four-year period. Please note that TWU serves as a nominating body only; final decisions regarding scholarship awards are made by the Terry Foundation.
Terry Scholars are required to live on campus. Terry Scholars live together during the first year in Guinn Hall. Living together helps create a strong community and Terry Scholars form lasting friendships during their time in the residence hall. Many choose to continue to live with other Terry Scholars on campus after their first year.
On-campus housing applications and deposits are required prior to award of scholarship.
Continuing Scholar Expectations
To continue receiving these scholarships each year, you must meet the following renewal criteria:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA each semester (most Terry Scholars maintain cumulative GPAs above a 3.0)
- Maintain full-time enrollment status and obtain advance permission before making any changes in full-time enrollment status, including withdrawl or transfer
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year and comply with any verification requests
- Write and submit to the Terry Foundation an acceptable self-evaluation letter each year
- Attend all functions sponsored by the Terry Foundation (3 per academic year)
- Comply with all aspects of the university code of conduct and the Terry Foundation Scholar Handbook
PC Users: You must use Adobe Reader on your computer to be able to open and fill out application.
Mac Users: Your Mac may open the document in Preview Mode. You will need to close preview and open the document using Adobe Reader. You may not have Adobe Reader on your computer, if so you need to download and install it. Open the document using Adobe Reader and you should be able to fill out application. In order to save your application if you wish go to File, then Print...at the bottom lef you will see PDF, click on the down arrow and click on Save as a PDF.
The TWU Technology Service Desk can provide additional support at 940-898-3971 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Diana P. Gomez
Coordinator of TWU & Terry Scholars
P.O. Box 425379
Denton, TX 76204
page last updated 1/15/2015 2:49 PM