2016 Terry Transfer Scholarship Application Click here
The application deadline for the 2016 Terry Transfer Scholarship is April 15, 2016.
Are you Eligible?
U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Current1, continuous2 resident of the State of Texas for at least 3 years
Completed3 at least 30 hours of transferrable4, post-high school credit5 at a Texas college or university6 at the time of application7
Be at least 20 years of age or older as of May 1st of the application year
Strong academic abilities, as evidence by grades (minimum 3.0 GPA)
Pursuing first degree (post-baccalaureate students are not eligible)
Will enroll in a degree program with the majority of courses taken face-to-face
(Students taking only online courses are not eligible)
Demonstrate financial need
Acceptance to TWU as a full-time entering transfer student in the fall or the summer preceding
Demonstrate strong leadership potential and character
1 "Current" means a resident of the State of Texas at the time of application deadline
2 Applicants can exclude time on active duty in uniformed service of the U.S. Such time outside the State of Texas while on active duty does not count against continuous residence
3 The 30 hour requirement must be satisfied at the time of application deadline
4 The 30 hours must be transferable. This excludes certain courses and credits that may not be complete at the time of application or that may not transfer
5 The 30 hour requirement may not include high school dual credit
6 Online courses from an accredited institution that results in transferable hours may count towards the 30 hour requirement if they are earned at a Texas college or university
7 The requirement of a "Texas college or university" allows students to transfer from another four year university as well as a community college or junior college, though it must be physically located within the State of Texas. Transferable credits earned at a duty station while on active duty as a member of a uniformed service of the U.S. will count towards the 30 hour requirement; such credits earned need not be at a "Texas college or university"
How to Apply
- Submit your completed Terry Transfer application by April 15, 2016.
(Must use Adobe Reader to open & fill out application)
- Include at least one (1) letter of recommendation in sealed envelope with your completed application
- If you are not able to obtain a letter of recommendation for whatever reason please notify Diana Gomez.
- File a FAFSA, and submit the TWU Certification Information Form (CIF) online via your TWU Pioneer Portal
Submitting Your Application
Only typed applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Mail or email your completed Terry Application, essay and letter of recommendation to :
Terry Foundation Scholarships
Attn: Diana Gomez
PO Box 425379, JH 200
Denton, TX 76204
The Selection Process
Texas Woman’s University will review all applications submitted, nominate 24 students and nominees will be forwarded to the Foundation for review and final interviews by the Foundation's representatives in July.
All final decisions regarding Terry Foundation Scholarships are made by the Terry Foundation. Please note that TWU serves as a nominating body only; final decisions regarding scholarship awards are made by the Terry Foundation.
Terry Transfer Scholarships are a fixed $13,000 per academic year.
Terry Transfer Scholars are not required to live on campus but are more than welcome to do so. Visit the Department of University Housing for more information.
Continuing Scholar Expectations
To continue receiving these scholarships each year, you must meet the following renewal criteria:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA each semester (most Terry Scholars maintain cumulative GPAs above a 3.0)
- Maintain full-time enrollment status and obtain advance permission before making any changes in full-time enrollment status, including withdrawal or transfer
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year and comply with any verification requests
- Write and submit to the Terry Foundation an acceptable self-evaluation letter each year
- Attend all functions sponsored by the Terry Foundation (3 per academic year)
- Comply with all aspects of the university code of conduct and the Terry Foundation Scholar Handbook
PC Users: You must use Adobe Reader on your computer to be able to open and fill out application.
Mac Users: Your Mac may open the document in Preview Mode. You will need to close preview and open the document using Adobe Reader. You may not have Adobe Reader on your computer, if so you need to download and install it. Open the document using Adobe Reader and you should be able to fill out application. In order to save your application if you wish go to File, then Print...at the bottom left you will see PDF, click on the down arrow and click on Save as a PDF.
The TWU Technology Service Desk can provide additional support at 940-898-3971 or email@example.com
Diana P. Gomez
Terry Scholars Program Coordinator
P.O. Box 425379, JH 200
Denton, TX 76204
page last updated 8/29/2016 11:53 AM