Terry Foundation Scholarships
The Terry Foundation is a Houston-based organization founded to provide scholarships to outstanding Texas high school graduates and transfer students for attendance at public universities within the state. Established in 1986 by Houston philanthropists Howard and Nancy Terry, the Foundation has assisted hundreds of Terry Scholars in meeting the Founders' goal of helping young people to help themselves.
This scholarship provides incoming first-year and transfer students the opportunity to not only receive a scholarship, but also provides academic, cultural, social and leadership opportunities and support throughout the college experience.
To be considered for the Terry Scholarship, applicants should demonstrate the following:
- A record of leadership in school and/or community
- Leadership potential and character
- Scholastic record and ability
- Demonstrate financial need
- Acceptance to TWU as a full-time student
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident