Terry Foundation Scholarships
Texas Woman’s University is proud to offer the Terry Scholars program beginning in fall 2013. This scholarship provides incoming, first year students the opportunity to not only receive a financial scholarship, but to provide academic, cultural, social and leadership opportunities and support throughout their college experience.
Taking into account other scholarships that the student may receive and the student's and parents' financial resources, the Foundation provides sufficient assistance to cover tuition, books, fees, and reasonable living expenses on campus. The actual specific amount of the stipend will vary for each Scholar, depending on the other scholarship awards and the ability of the Scholar's family to contribute to the cost of college.
The Terry Foundation is a Houston-based scholarship program founded to provide scholarships to outstanding Texas High school graduates for attendance at public colleges and universities within the state. Established in 1986 by Houston philanthropists Howard and Nancy Terry, the Foundation has assisted hundreds of Terry Scholars in meeting the Founders' goal of helping young people to help themselves.
To be considered for the Terry Scholarship, applicants should demonstrate the following:
- A record of leadership in school and/or community
- Strong academic abilities, as evidenced by grades and SAT and/or ACT scores
- Financial need
- Graduation from a Texas high school or homeschool program.
- Admission for fall 2013 to Texas Woman’s University as a full-time entering freshman for 2013-2014.
- Must plan to live on-campus
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Be unmarried and not have children