Steps to take:
Step 1: Contact Davida Robinson in the Center for Student Development to set up a meeting time on Wednesdays between 8am-10am to pick-up and review the New Student Organization Application.
Davida Robinson can be reach via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 940.898.3626.
Step 2: Fill out the New Student Organization Application complete with an Advisor signature.
Step 3: Submit 2 copies of the New Student Organization Application to the Center for Student Development front desk, on the first floor of the Student Union, addressed to External Affairs of the House of Representatives
Step 4: Within 2 weeks you should be contacted be the House of Representatives to attend a New Student Organization Hearing.
Things to consider:
- Which category (Departmental, Greek, Honorary, Religious, Special Interest, Sports Clubs, or University Sanctioned) best describes your organization?
- What will you name your new organization?
- It is suggested that you have at least 8 students interested in your organization.
- What do you require of students to gain membership in your organization?
- What are the reasons a student should join your organization?
- How will your new organization benefit the TWU community?
- Who will serve as your faculty/staff advisor?
- How will you elect leadership and/or officers?
- Have you thought about what you would place in a Constitution?
New Student Organization Hearings
New Student Organization Hearings – 6:30pm Rm. 109
· January 30, 2013
· February 20, 2013
· March 20, 2013
· April 24, 2013
· March 5, 2013
page last updated 5/21/2013 1:44 PM