Steps to take:
Step 1: Fill out the New Student Organization (NSO) Application complete with an Advisor signature.
Step 2: Submit 2 copies of the New Student Organization Application to the Center for Student Development front desk, on the first floor of the Student Union, addressed to External Affairs of the House of Representatives NO LATER than 5 business days prior to the next NSO Hearing.
Step 3: Within 2-3 business days you should be invited by the House of Representatives to attend an NSO Hearing.
New Student Organization Hearings
New Student Organization Hearings- ACT 501
February 10, 2016, 4:00-6:00 PM (application must be turned in by February 2, 2016 at 5:00 PM)
March 9, 2016, 4:00-6:00 PM (application must be turned in by March 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM)
April 6, 2016, 4:00-6:00 PM (application must be turned in by March 29, 2016 at 5:00 PM)
Things to consider:
- Which category (Departmental, Greek, Honorary, Religious, Special Interest, Sports Clubs, or University Sanctioned) best describes your organization?
- What will you name your new organization?
- It is suggested that you have at least 8 students interested in your organization.
- What do you require of students to gain membership in your organization?
- What are the reasons a student should join your organization?
- How will your new organization benefit the TWU community?
- Who will serve as your faculty/staff advisor?
- How will you elect leadership and/or officers?
- Have you thought about what you would place in a Constitution?
page last updated 1/18/2016 9:52 AM