Steps to take:
Step 1: Fill out the New Student Organization Application complete with an Advisor signature.
Step 2: Submit 2 copies of the New Student Organization Application to the Center for Student Development front desk, on the first floor of the Student Union, addressed to External Affairs of the House of Representatives
Step 3: Within 2 weeks you should be contacted be the House of Representatives to attend a New Student Organization Hearing.
Things to consider:
- Which category (Departmental, Greek, Honorary, Religious, Special Interest, Sports Clubs, or University Sanctioned) best describes your organization?
- What will you name your new organization?
- It is suggested that you have at least 8 students interested in your organization.
- What do you require of students to gain membership in your organization?
- What are the reasons a student should join your organization?
- How will your new organization benefit the TWU community?
- Who will serve as your faculty/staff advisor?
- How will you elect leadership and/or officers?
- Have you thought about what you would place in a Constitution?
New Student Organization Hearings
New Student Organization Hearings – 5:30pm Student Union 110
January 29, 2014
February 19, 2014
March 19, 2014
April 16, 2014
page last updated 2/13/2014 3:30 PM