Garage Associated with TWU
Contract Parking: $320 per semester ($15 one time processing fee for first time students)
Contract parking can be secured at the Standard Parking Office located in Scurlock Tower (of The Methodist Hospital). Please go to the crosswalk level (2nd floor) to Suite 290. The office door (very plain and unassuming) is found next to Murphy’s Deli and across from the Prescription Drug Store. Contact Information: 713-790-0010
*Free Shuttle from TWU to Scurlock Tower.(This service runs every ten minutes, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.)
Hourly parking rates range from $3 to $11
If you decide to "pay as you go", please be aware that credit cards only are accepted at the machines for check out. To pay by cash, the transaction would need to be done with the machines in the elevator lobby.
NOTE: Spaces available for Open Parking are located on the 4th Floor and above. Do NOT park in those spaces with gray and white signs: “TWU Reserved Parking”. These are set aside of TWU faculty and staff. All others who park in these spaces will be towed at the owner’s expense.
The entry and exit into the parking garage can be accessed through the following roads:
- Entry and Exit on Main Street
- Entry on Old Main street (side street off of Main and Holcombe)
- Exit on Fannin
Night Rate Monday through Thursday
Arrive after 5:00 p.m. and depart before 5:00 a.m. - a flat $6.00 fee* (for 12 hours)
Arrive after 5:00 p.m. Friday and depart before 5:00 a.m. Monday - a flat $6.00 fee* (for 24 hours)
*No In/Out Privileges - Includes Sales Tax
University METRO Q Fare Card:
It is a smart way to travel for FULL TIME Students. A Student Pass is being offered through METRO in the form of a Metro Q Fare Card. Use of this card with the “Pass” element provides college students with many benefits:
- College students receive 50% discount off the Metro bus and train fares.
- Students enjoy 5 free trips for every 50 paid trips.
- The card balance is protected if the card is lost or stolen ( registered users only).
- Quickly add money to your Metro Q Fare card at various locations including HEB, Kroger, Randalls, and METRO RideStores. More funds may also be added through the Internet by Credit Card payment. MasterCard, Visa and Discover are all accepted.
The initial issuance of the Q Card with Student Pass can be accomplished at
The Downtown Transit Center
1900 Main Street
1st Floor – METRO RideStore
*If you take the Light Rail, the stop to exit is termed the “Downtown Transit Center”; it stops right in front of the building. The hours are 7:30am – 5:30pm.
University Metro Q Fare Card Requirements:
- Must show a fee receipt and class schedule with credit hours to qualify and a letter from the college verifying (current) full time status. Letter has to be on the school’s letter head with the student’s name.
- Government issued photo ID (state driver license, ID or passport is required for Metro Q Fare Card Registration.)
- College photo ID is required.
- Credit hours for full time status:
Undergraduate : 12 + hours
Graduate : 9 + hours
- Photo is required on Metro Q Fare Card (Will be taken at the Metro Ride Store)
For more information about the METRO Q Card
call the METROLine at 713-635-4000
and/or visit www.ridemetro.org.
(Adapted from www.ridemetro.org website)
Ideas for Consideration
Utilize Fannin South Park & Ride, located behind Sam's, just past Loop 610 (beyond NRG Stadium). The cost is $3.00 per day to park at that location. From there, FULL TIME Students with a METRO Q Card will pay $0.60 each way ($1.20 in total) to use the Light Rail in coming into the Texas Medical Center. Those without a Q Card enabling half off traditional fare will use $1.25 one way with the Light Rail ($2.50 round trip) in traveling into the Texas Medical Center.
A broad sweep of the many options for getting to and from TWU can be found in this Parking and Transportation summary. Take some time to explore what might be the best fit for your academic journey with us.
Shaping Your Journey The Office of Student Life Moving Toward Wholeness
page last updated 7/23/2016 5:07 PM