List of Student Organizations
Healthcare Christian Fellowship
Formed in the Fall of 2012, the purpose of Healthcare Christian Fellowship, as a ministry of Intervarsity Christian Fellowship, is to establish and advance witnessing communities of students and faculty who follow Jesus as Savior and Lord: growing in love for God, God's Word, God's people of every ethnicity and culture and God's purposes in the world. The group will meet for for a monthly devotional on September 9th and 10th, October 7th and 8th, November 4th and 5th, and December 2nd and 3rd in the student conference room located on the third floor. Free lunch provided. Free lunch provided. For more information, contact student leader Kory Jones: KJones40@twu.edu or faculty advisor Cynthia Bain: CBain@twu.edu
Chi Epsilon Sigma
Chi Epsilon Sigma (CES) is an official constituent of the National Student Nurses’ Association, Inc. As the nursing student association here on the Dallas campus Chi Epsilon Sigma is continually providing students with the opportunity for community involvement and professional networking with a focus in three areas:
- COMMUNITY: Providing opportunities for nursing students to become involved within the Dallas/Ft. Worth community through various events.
- EDUCATION: As a profession, nursing requires continuing education through formal course work, continuing education courses, and the use of life/professional experiences to assist others.
- SERVICE: this supports the gift of giving of one’s self, to some certain extent, self sacrifice through acts of compassion and charity.
Fall 2013 meetings are schedule for 7:00AM (breakfast provided) on: September 30th, October 21st, and November 18th in room 3620. For more information please contact President Lori Luke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phi Theta Epsilon
PTE is an honor society for OT students and alumni which promotes research and scholarship among OT students and contributes to the advancement of OT.
Requirements: Top 35% of OT class, GPA of 3.5 or more.
The purposes of Pi Theta Epsilon (PTE), as stated in the society's Constitution, are to:
- Recognize and encourage scholastic excellence of occupational therapy students
- Contribute to the advancement of the field of occupational therapy through scholarly activities, such as research development, continuing education, and information exchange between student and alumni members; and
- Provide a vehicle for students enrolled in accredited programs in Occupational Therapy to exchange information and to collaborate regarding scholarly activities.
Fall 2013 meetings are scheduled for 12-1pm: September 17th, October 8th, and November 5th in Room 3620. For more information, contact PTE President Micah McDaniel or faculty advisor Noralyn Pickens.
Student Occupational Therapy Association
The purposes of SOTA are:
- To increase student involvement and provide opportunities for social, educational, community, leadership, innovation, and mentoring activities.
- To facilitate professional development and the advancement of the occupational therapy profession.
Members must be registered TWU students in the OT program and pay dues. Fall 2013 meetings are scheduled for 12pm-1pm: September 5th, September 18th, October 9th, and November 6th in Room 3620. For more information, contact President Ashley Overturf or faculty advisor Debby Buckingham.
Student Physical Therapy Organization
The purpose of SPTO is to promote interest in physical therapy on this campus and in the community among members and non-members. Members must be registered TWU students accepted into the PT program and pay dues every semester. For more information, contact SPTO President Rachael Henderson or faculty advisor Kathleen Leutdke-Hoffman.
UNITE is an intercultural student mentorship program, assisting students to be successful in their respective health-related programs, and foster an environment that supports and cultivates cultural competence. For more information, contact President David Rogers or faculty advisor Debby Nolan.
To know more about these organizations, please email email@example.com.
Student Organization Resources
Forming a New Organization (link coming soon!)
Renewing an Organization Charter (link coming soon!)
page last updated 4/15/2014 10:33 AM