The fitness center is open when the building is open:
|Monday - Thursday||6am - 10pm|
|Friday||6am - 6pm|
|Saturday||9am - 5pm|
Subject to change during University holidays.
There are also Workout DVDs and games available for free to students. These can be loaned for a 2-hour limit per day. Please call at the Student Life Office for details. These can be checked out at the library on the 6th floor.
For more information on Fitness and Recreation, please visit: http://www.twu.edu/fitandrec/default.asp
Group Exercise Classes
Classes are free for all students to attend and are held on the 3rd floor, room 3620. The Fall 2014 schedule is:
- Monday, 5:30pm-6:30pm ZUMBA with Caitlyn
- Tuesday, 7:00am-7:45am PILATES with Ryan
- Tuesday, 4:00pm-5:00pm ZUMBA with Nichole
- Wednesday, 4:30pm-5:30pm PILATES with Ryan
(More detailed information regarding each offered class coming soon!)
Workout Videos and Wii Games
- Workout on your schedule!
- Available for checkout in the library during library hours
- 2 hour time limit
- Many choices including: P90X, Insanity, Zumba, Pilates, and Wii Games
Free for TWU students with picture ID. Click here for more information.
Total Health Challenge
This is an online event that helps the students stay motivated and educated about health in a fun way:
- Search "TWU total health challenge" on facebook and like us to receive updates on weekly health challenges
- Participate in discussion and let us know how the challenges are going for you!
- This is a semester long challenge that encourages physical activity. For more information, click here
- Sign-up in Student Life to log your weekly workouts and earn prizes!
- Start new or continue from last semester!
- Can't stop by the office? Just e-mail your work-outs to StudentLifeDallas@twu.edu!
The facility is available free for all students with activated student IDs and to Faculty /Staff on the purchase of membership form. The use of the center is not available to alumni or community.
For information or questions regarding either campus fitness center, please contact Michelle Reeves, Assistant Director of Fitness and Recreation at MReeves@twu.edu or on the Denton campus at 940-898-2908.
Membership cost to TWU Faculty/Staff on the campus is $75/semester. Please contact Chre Parnell at CParnell@twu.edu or Michelle Reeves at MReeves@twu.edu for more information. Click Here for TWU Policy on the Workplace Wellness and Exercise Program.
page last updated 11/21/2014 11:48 AM