The mission of SHAC will be to act as a strong liaison between TWU students and Student Health Services. This student-led committee will act as an advocate for the health needs and concerns of TWU students and will assist SHS in delivering quality care to the TWU community.
Goals of SHAC
The purpose of SHAC will be to promote the health and wellness of the TWU community by:
- Acting as a two–way liaison between the students and Student Health Services.
- Exploring the health needs of the students and communicating these needs and concerns to the SHS Director.
- Providing recommendations to the Director of SHS about existing programs and suggesting new programs that would benefit the TWU community.
- Communicating effectively and periodically with the students through focus group discussions.
- Acting as “student advocates,” voicing student complaints, comments, and concerns about the health services.
SHAC will serve as an advisory committee and will have no administrative authority.
page last updated 11/22/2016 1:53 PM