Appointments are required for all medical visits. We will make every effort to accomodate our patients with a same day appointment that fits their schedule. If this is not possible due to the volume of patients, the first available appointment that is appropriate for the complaint will be offered. An additional fee will be charged for urgent care visits. Please be on time for your appointment. Students more than 10 minutes late will be rescheduled. If you are unable to make your appointment, call at least 2 hours prior to your appointment time in order to avoid a 'No Show' charge.
Medical appointments are available Monday - Thursday, 8:20 am to 3:40 pm, and Friday, 8:00 am to 11:30 am and 2:00pm to 3:40. For appointments, please call 940.898.3826 or vist us at https://twu.medicatconnect.com/.
Regular medical appointments are a $15 office visit. Extended, more advanced medical appointments, such as Annual Exams, STD testing, and Mental Health office visits, follow a different fee schedule. Any lab work, procedures, or prescriptions are an additional cost to the visit.
Canceling an Appointment
There is a $5 fee for missed regular appointments and a $10 fee for missed Mental Health and Annual Exam appointments.
Student Health Services offers a variety of services to assist students in maintaining good health. The scope of clinic services emphasizes primary and preventative healthcare.
Medical services offered include:
- Well Woman Exams (including a pap smear)
- Gynecological exams and treatment
- STD testing and treatment
- Contraceptive Advice, Counseling, and Prescriptions
- Treatment of Infections, like colds and flu
- Allergy and Asthma care
- Athletic and Routine Physicals
- Injury care (sprains, strains, and laceration repair)
- Emotional and mental health treatment**
- Referrals for specialty care
- Limited minor illness care for pregnant students (see more details)
Medical Services Pricing
- Regular Office Visit: $15
- Well Woman Annual Exam: Starting at $85
- Mental Health Office Visit: $40 for initial visits
- Follow-up Mental Health Office Visit: $25
- STD Testing: begin at $70
Student Health Services offers pharmacy services through Drug Emporium in Denton. Prescriptions are delivered to the clinic twice daily for pick-up or mailed to students for a small fee. Students wishing to use the pharmacy service to fill prescriptions written by personal physicians must complete required pharmacy forms and prescripstion must be brought or faxed to Student Health Services.
Prescriptions from private physicians are also accepted. Please have prescriptions from private physicians faxed to our office. Prescriptions can also be mailed to students in Dallas and Houston for a small postage fee.
page last updated 6/2/2015 10:32 AM