Look for details coming soon regarding our next staff social, the annual TWU Lighting Ceremony and how we are working to help others in the TWU community this holiday season!
What We Do
The goal of Staff Council is to promote a positive and collaborative work environment. Our purposes are:
- To serve as a representative advisory council
- To provide a vehicle for communication of staff interests, concerns, and issues
- To present recommendations to University leadership
- To promote positive morale among TWU staff
Ways to Stay Connected
There are multiple ways to find out how Staff Council is working for you and TWU.
- Members can be contacted anytime you have a question or concern.
- Periodic staff emails will be sent by Staff Council to keep you informed of upcoming events, socials and issues.
- Staff Council Speaks! is our monthly newsletter.
- NEW this year! Our Staff Council Blog: http://twustaffcouncilspeaks.blogspot.com/
- Calendar of Staff Council Events for 2013/2014
The Executive Staff approved the Constitution and Bylaws of the Staff Council of Texas Woman's University in mid-1999. A Steering Committee of 14 longtime staff members from components across the University at the Denton, Dallas and Houston campuses worked for three years to formulate the Constitution and Bylaws. Steering Committee members were Jim Stiles, Patrick Vasquez, Sharon Saullo, Joe Lyle, Vicki Ratcliff, Amy Hall, Don Viator, Katie Flemming, Helene Bonavita, Mary Ramsey, Laurie Hammett, Lori Nelson, Mary Ann McDuff and Ann Hatch.
Human Resources was asked by Interim President Beverley Byers-Pevitts to coordinate the first Staff Council elections. TWU's first Staff Council held it's first meeting on September 29, 1999. Its first order of business was to elect officers and establish the standing committees.