To be eligible for these STEM scholarships, students must:
- Be a US citizen, US national, refugee alien or permanent resident
- Be a current or accepted student at Texas Woman's University
- Be enrolled full time (12 semester hours) in a STEM discipline
- biological sciences (except medicine and other clinical fields)
- physical sciences, including physics, chemistry, astronomy, and materials science
- mathematical sciences
- computer and information sciences
- technology areas associated with the preceding fields
(for example: biotechnology, chemical technology, engineering technology, information technology, etc.)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have a 3.0 high school GPA and/or 2.75 college GPA (overall and in STEM classes)
The ideal candidate will also be one with a demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in a STEM discipline an planning to incorporate quantitative and analytical sciences in their career.
- Complete the Free Federal Application (FAFSA on the Web) using completed tax returns.
- Complete all sections of the TWU Financial Aid Certification and Information Form.
- Complete the SSTEM Student Application form
- Have two (2) STEM-related Instructors/Reviewers complete the SSTEM Recommendation form [PDF]
- Forms must be submitted by August 1st for Fall consideration and Deccember 15th for Spring consideration.
- The application is a web form and should be submitted electronically. Recommendation forms are pdfs that can be downloaded directly by your recommender or emailed to them for completion.
page last updated 8/20/2013 5:37 PM