The Masters in Health Systems Management (MHSM) is designed to prepare future executives to assume responsible positions in health care organizations. The program emphasizes three general areas:
- The Health Care Environment
History and organization of the health care system, the utilization and quality of health care, policy and legal aspects.
- Management Science
Organizational and operational analysis, human resource management, financial and quantitative analysis.
- Strategy and Leadership
Strategic planning and leadership behavior with an emphasis on ethical, social and community responsibilities.
Features of the Program
- Courses are offered in the evening or on Saturday to meet the schedule of working professionals.
- Course location and format is different for BUS vs. HSM courses:
- HSM courses are offered at the TWU-Dallas campus and are typically for the full semester
- BUS courses are offered as part of the EMBA program. Info regarding format and location is provided at EMBA.
- Skills in word processing and spreadsheet applications are used throughout this program.
Additional Program Information
page last updated 7/2/2014 1:43 AM