School of Library and Information Studies
Ph.D., 2011, University of Texas at Austin, School of Information
M.S.I.S., 2005, University of Texas at Austin, School of Information, Concentration in School Librarianship
Professional Certification for Secondary English (6-12) and School Librarian (EC – 12) in the State of Texas
B.A., University of Texas at Austin, College of Liberal Arts, English with minors in Secondary Education and Spanish
- Elementary School Librarian
- Assistant Instructor, School of Information, University of Texas at Austin
- Teaching Assistant, School of Information, University of Texas at Austin
- Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, University of Texas at Austin
- English/Language Arts teacher
- Special Education Aid
- LS 5233 Multimedia Resources and Services, Quality Matters recognized course
- LS 5333 School Library Media Center
- LS 5443 Librarians as Instructional Partners
- LS 5623 Advanced Literature for Young Adults
- LS 5843 Practicum
- Cahill, M., and Richey, J. (2013). What Sound Does an Odyssey Make? Content Analysis of Award Winning Audio Texts. Concurrent session presented at the 63rd Annual Conference of the Literacy Research Association, Dallas, TX, December 4, 2013.
- Richey, J., and Cahill, M. (2013). The Cream Rises to the Top: Using Evidence Based Practices to Demonstrate School Library Contributions to Student Success. Concurrent session presented at the American Association of School Librarians 16th National Conference and Exhibition, Hartford, Connecticut, November 16, 2013.
- Richey, J., and Cahill, M. (2013). School Librarians' Experiences with Evidence Based Library and Information Practice. Juried Paper presented at the Educators of Library Media Specialists Section of the American Association of School Librarians at the American Association of School Librarians 16th National Conference and Exhibition, Hartford, Connecticut, November 15, 2013.
- Moreillon, J., and Richey, J. (2013). Digital Stories 4 Learning, Teaching, & Advocacy. Texas Computer Education Association Annual Conference, Austin, Texas, February 6, 2013.
- Cahill, M., and Richey, J. (2012). Integration of Evidence-Based Library and Information Practice into School Library Education: A Case Study. School Libraries Worldwide, 18(2), 95-105.
- Richey, Jennifer. (2012). Motivators and Barriers to Sexual Health Information Provision in High School Libraries: Perspectives from District level Library Coordinators and High School Principals. School Library Research, 15. Available from http://www.ala.org/aasl/sites/ala.org.aasl/files/content/aaslpubsandjournals/slr/vol15/
- Davenport, D., Richey, J., and Westbrook, L. (2008). E-government access to social service information: State web resources for domestic violence survivors. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 59(6), 903-915.
- Charles and Alice Reeves Endowment Recipient, 2010
- Youth, Community, Libraries: Empowerment for Success Fellowship Recipient from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, 2005 – 2008
- Beta Phi Mu, International Library and Information Studies Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa, Liberal Arts Honor Society
- Pi Lambda Theta, Education Honor Society
- Sigma Tau Delta, English Honor Society
- Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE) Membership Committee
- Librarian's Choices book review committee
- Texas Association of School Librarians (TASL) Scholarship Committee
- Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA) Annual Conference volunteer
- Chair, Federation of North Texas Area Universities Library Science Committee
- TWU Student Health Advisory Council
- SLIS Curriculum Committee, SLIS Vision Task Force, SLIS Doctoral Committee, and SLIS Enrollment Management Committee
- GLISA Advisor
- Member: Texas Library Association (TLA), American Library Association (ALA), Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA), American Association of School Librarians (AASL), Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE), International Reading Association (IRA)
page last updated 4/15/2014 8:36 PM