940-898-2258†††††† SH 310
Ph.D., 2003, University of Arizona,
Department of Language, Reading and Culture
M.L.S., 1992, University of Arizona
Library Science, Concentration in School Librarianship
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, 1988
Sonoma State University
B.A., 1972, University of Michigan
Video Introduction [wmv]†††††† ††††
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Information Resources and Library Science, University of Arizona
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Language Reading and Culture, University of Arizona
- Assistant Clinical Professor/Lead Faculty, Northern Arizona University, Tucson Campus†
- Elementary, junior high and high school librarian
- Classroom teacher, literacy coach, and district-level school librarian mentor
- Undergraduate Level: LS 3013 Library Materials for Children
- Masterís level: LS 5043 Information and Communication Technology, LS 5233 Multimedia Resources and Services, LS 5333 School Library Media Center, LS 5443 Librarians as Instructional Partners, LS 5633 Art of Storytelling
- Dr. Moreillon has authored and coauthored numerous articles, authored three professional books for school librarians and classroom teachers, contributed chapters, and shared her scholarship through presentations around the country. She is also a childrenís book author. Selected publications include:
- Moreillon, J. (2015). #schoollibrarians tweet for professional development: A netnographic case study of #txlchat. School Libraries Worldwide, 21 (2).
- Moreillon, J. (2015). Digital storytelling based on the Association for Library Service to Children Competencies: A learning activity to promote values associated with social justice. Public Library Quarterly, 34 (3): 212-229.
- Moreillon, J. (2015). Increasing interactivity in the online learning environment: Using digital tools to support students in socially constructed meaning-making. TechTrends, 59 (3), 41-47.
- Moreillon, J., & Hall, R. N. (2014). Digital advocacy stories: A pedagogical tool for strengthening and disseminating library values. Journal of Education for Library and Information Science, 55(2), 100-111.
- Moreillon, J. (2013). Ready and Waiting for You. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans Books for Young Readers.
- Moreillon, J. (2013). Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Elementary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact. Chicago: ALA Editions.
- Moreillon, J., & Ballard, S. (Eds.) (2013). Best of KQ: Instructional Partnerships: A Pathway to Leadership. Chicago: American Association of School Librarians.
- Moreillon, J. (2012). Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Secondary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact. Chicago: ALA Editions.
- Moreillon, J. (2013). A content analysis of school library conferences: A search for empowering professional development. In M. Dow (Ed.), School Libraries Matter: Views from Research. Santa Barbara, CA: Libraries Unlimited.
- Moreillon, J. (2013). Educating for school library leadership: Developing the instructional partnership role. Journal of Education in Library and Information Science, 54(1): 55-66.
- Moreillon, J., Cahill, M., & McKee, R. (2012). State library conferences as professional development venues: Unbalanced support for the AASL-defined roles of the school librarian. School Library Research 15.
- Moreillon, J. (2008). Two Heads Are Better than One Influencing Preservice Classroom Teachersí Understanding and Practice of Classroom-Library Collaboration. School Library Media Research 11.
- School Library Monthly: Quick Remedies Column, 2012-2015.
- TWU Mary Mason Lyon Award, 2014 (http://www.twu.edu/downloads/library/lyon.pdf)
- Exemplary Faculty Practices Award from the Center for Research, Evaluation, and Advancement of Teacher Education (CREATE) in the Quest for Quality: Teacher Preparation in Texas initiative (http://www.createtx.org/).
- Progressive Adjunct Professor Award, Progressive Librarians Guild, Tucson Chapter, 2009
- Online vitae available
- Children & Libraries, Advisory Board Chair, 2015
- SLIS Faculty Planning and Assessment Committee, Chair, 2015-2016†
- TWU Professional Education Council, 2009-2016
- Texas Association of School Librarians, Media/Virtual Presence Award Committee, 2016, Chair
- American Association of School Librariansí Student Bridge Scholarship Program Committee, 2015-2017, Chair
- WOW: International Collection of Children's and Young Adult Literature, Board of Advisors and WOW Stories Editorial Review Board, University of Arizona
- American Library Association (ALA), American Association of School Librarians (AASL), and Association of Library Services to Children (ALSC)
- Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE)
- Texas Library Association (TLA), Texas Association of School Librarians (TASL)†
Facebook: Judi Moreillon
page last updated 7/26/2016 7:27 PM