Congratulations to the TWU Alumni who were selected for the TLA 2014 TALL Texans Leadership Institute. We are proud of you!
- Jennifer Brown (2000)
- Chantele Hancock (2002)
- Shan Martinez (2009)
- Maria Rodriguez (2008)
- Aundrea Wright-Young (2006)
Three MLS graduates recently published journal articles:
- S. Zulema Silva Bewley, 2005 MLS graduate and librarian at Harry Shimotsu Elementary School in Sharyland ISD, published "Poetry in the Library” in the Spring 2014 issue of Texas Library Journal.
- Colleen Graves, 2012 MLS graduate and librarian at Lamar Middle School in Lewisville ISD, published "Learning Commons on a Dime" in the January issue of School Library Monthly.
- J. Morgan Rowe-Morris, spring 2014 MLS graduate and Library Assistant II at the TWU T. Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences, Dallas Center Library, published “Research Pathfinder for Horror Genre Fiction” in Codex: Journal of the Louisiana Chapter of the ACRL, vol. 2, no.4 (2014), available at: http://journal.acrlla.org/index.php/codex/article/view/90.
Other alumni news:
Kimberly Michelle Gay, 2006 MLS graduate, is now Acting Head of the Reference and Information Services Department/ Academic Reference Librarian at Prairie View A&M University-Texas A&M University System.
Irene Kistler, spring 2014 MLS graduate, has 2 recent achievements. In her first year serving as a librarian at Ed White Middle School, Irene earned the North East ISD (San Antonio) Secondary Teacher of the Year Award. Irene also earned a Laura Bush Foundation Grant to help build the Spanish-language materials in her school's library collection: http://www.neisd.net/ComRel/white_librarygrant_14.htm.
Zhixian (George) Yi, 2010 PhD graduate, is a lecturer in the School of Information Studies at Charles Sturt University (CSU) in Australia. In 2011-2012, he was awarded the CSU Faculty of Education New Staff Establishment Grant, Faculty Small Grant, and the School of Information Studies Research Fellowship, which have resulted in several significant presentations and publications. Selected publications and presentations from 2013 include:
- Yi, Zhixian. 2013. “The relationship between international student library use and information needs.” Library and Information Research 37 (116): 23-40.
- Yi, Zhixian. 2013. “History of library developments in China.” Paper presentation and publication in The Proceedings of the 79th IFLA World Library and Information Congress, August 17-23, Singapore.
- Yi, Zhixian, Damian Lodge, and Sigrid McCausland. 2013. “Australian academic librarians' perceptions of marketing services and resources.” Library Management 34 (8/9): 585-602.
- Yi, Zhixian. 2013. “The factors influencing American academic library directors' approaches to evaluating change in the information age.” LIBRI-International Journal of Libraries and Information Services 63 (2): 98-107.
- Yi, Zhixian. 2013. “Setting goals for change in the information age: Approaches of academic library directors in the USA.” Library Management 34 (1/2): 5-19.
page last updated 6/29/2015 8:19 AM