School of Library and Information Studies
Ph.D., 1997, Texas Woman’s University
M.L.S., 1991, Texas Woman’s University
- Associate Professor, Texas Woman’s University
- Assistant Professor, Texas Woman’s University
- Master’s level courses: LS 5013 Information Organization and Retrieval, LS 5003 Collection Development, LS 5833 Information Ethics, LS 5643 Literacy Programs, Online Information Retrieval, LS 6723 Critical Inquiry, LS 5843 Practicum
- Advises an average of 50 MLS students each semester
- Nominated for Texas Woman's University Faculty Award for Distinction in Service, 2014
- Received COPE Outstanding Faculty Award for Student Sponsorship, 2013
- Named COPE Outstanding Professor, 2007
- Editors’ Choice Open Access selection, Academic Exchange Quarterly. Bridges over Transactional Waters. Summer 2014. http://rapidintellect.com/AEQweb/edchoice.htm.
- Bridges over Transactional Waters. 2014. Academic Exchange Quarterly 18, 2:40-46.
- Hawaii International Conference on Education. 2014. Whose Rubric is it? Online Rubrics and Rubric Ownership. January 5-8, 2014. Honolulu, Hawaii.
- International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (ISSOTL) International conference. 2012. Voices of Change: Student opinions and online course changes. October 24-27, 2012. Hamilton, Canada.
- ISSOTL. Voices of Change: Student opinions and online course changes. Research on Teaching & Learning: Integrating Practices. Published refereed abstract. 2012. International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, p. 157.
- United States Distance Learning Association National Conference. 2012. Teaching ethics online. April 29 to May 4, 2012. St. Louis, Missouri.
- Texas Distance Learning Association Annual Conference. 2012. Just ask: Research, student opinions, and the DE instructor. Texas Distance Learning Association. April 16-18, 2012. Dallas, Texas.
- United States Distance Learning Association annual conference. 2010. Choices, Assignments, and Anonymity in Online Learning: Research and Practice. May 2-5, 2010. St. Louis, Missouri.
- Editors’ Choice Open Access selection, AEQ. 2010. Online learners, choices, and assignments. These articles are selected and awarded by the AEQ reviewers. Available at http://www.rapidintellect.com/AEQweb/edchoice.htm.
- President, Phi Kappa Phi, TWU chapter, 2011-2013
- Phi Kappa Phi, TWU chapter. Awarded Chapter of Excellence, 2012. One of only 19 chapters in the U.S., out of more than 300 domestic chapters.
- Phi Kappa Phi, TWU Chapter. Awarded Chapter of Merit, 2011-2012
- Phi Kappa Phi, National Love of Learning Committee, 2010-2012
- FPAC chair, SLIS, 2011-2012
- Received the TWU Fifteen Year Service pin and recognition, 2013
- Awarded the 2012 TWU Faculty Travel grant
- Member of the TWU Graduate Faculty, full status
page last updated 11/20/2014 11:30 AM