The Schedule for the Day is as Follows:
9:30 to 10:00 am
Chili Set-up and Pie Delivery to Southeast Dining Room in Hubbard Hall
|10:30 am||Judging (Chili cooks must leave the judging area during this time)|
Chili Sampling Opens to the Public for $2.00 Fee
Silent Auction Opens to the Public and Registration Opens for Live Auction
|12:00 pm||Live Pie Auction Begins|
|12:15 pm||Live Basket Auction Begins|
Chili Sampling Ends (approximate due to quantity of chili served)
Public Vote is Tallied
|12:45 – 12:50 pm||Chili and Pie Baking Awards Are Announced From Platform|
|12:50 to 1:00 pm||Live Auction Winners Payout Completed|
Please encourage your department to attend the event, bid on a pie, and vote for your favorite chili. The $2 admission fee for those who sample chili will secure appropriate sampling containers, spoons, crackers and a bottle of water.
All proceeds from registration fees, concession profits, auction items and donations will go toward our SECC goal of $72,000. Please help us meet our goals by participating. Join in the fun and help with this worthy cause!
Healthy Competition! Lots of fun! Fabulous Pies!
Great Chili! Wonderful Auction Items!
Pie Baking & Auction Guidelines
Bakers can enter in one of four categories:
- Fruit Filled Pies
- Cream Pies
- Nut Pies
- Other, including tarts, cobblers, cheesecake and variety pies (no Frito chili pies)
The following items should be noted:
- Recipes do not have to be shared, however, a list of ingredients should be available upon question for both the judges and pie purchasing patrons. This will alleviate concern over allergy restrictions from the public and response to judges while the Bakers are out of the room.
- Bakers should prepare food using care for health and sanitary concerns. Please follow these food safety guidelines.
- Bakers will prepare two pies (sized between a standard 9” to 11” pie pan.) Pies should be prepared and delivered in disposable pie dishes as pie pans will not be returned unless bakers are okay with pie plates being sold with the pie. One pie will be cut into pieces for the judging, with any remaining pieces sold to the public. The second pie will be auctioned off to the highest bidder with dollars raised donated to SECC.
- Bakers can embellish pies or crusts in whatever way desired.
- Pies must be baked by the registrants.
- When bakers arrive, they must check in at the registration table to deliver pies.
- Pies to be auctioned will be numbered and displayed by category.
- The judges will award a first place in each of the three categories.
- We would like all pie bakers to be available for the awards segment between 12:30-12:45 pm.
Happy baking…we look forward to tasting your delicious creations!
page last updated 5/20/2013 1:14 PM