The Schedule for the Day is as Follows:
9:30 to 10:00 am
Chili Set-up and Pie Delivery to Southeast Dining Room in Hubbard Hall
|10:30 am||Judging (Chili cooks must leave the judging area during this time)|
Chili Sampling Opens to the Public for $2.00 Fee
Silent Auction Opens to the Public and Registration Opens for Live Auction
|12:00 pm||Live Pie Auction Begins|
|12:15 pm||Live Basket Auction Begins|
Chili Sampling Ends (approximate due to quantity of chili served)
Public Vote is Tallied
|12:45 – 12:50 pm||Chili and Pie Baking Awards Are Announced From Platform|
|12:50 to 1:00 pm||Live Auction Winners Payout Completed|
Please encourage your department to attend the event, bid on a pie, and vote for your favorite chili. The $2 admission fee for those who sample chili will secure appropriate sampling containers, spoons, crackers and a bottle of water.
All proceeds from registration fees, concession profits, auction items and donations will go toward our SECC goal of $72,000. Please help us meet our goals by participating. Join in the fun and help with this worthy cause!
Healthy Competition! Lots of fun! Fabulous Pies!
Great Chili! Wonderful Auction Items!
Chili Cooking & Sampling Guidelines
Cooks can enter in one of three categories:
- All Around Best Tasting
- Best Vegetarian
- Recipes do not have to be shared, however, a list of ingredients should be available upon question for both the judges and individuals sampling. This will alleviate concern over allergy restrictions from the public and response to judges while the cooks are out of the room.
- Cooks should prepare food using care for health and sanitary concerns. Please follow these food safety guidelines.
- The quantity of chili made available may directly influence People’s Choice award winners. If the cook runs out of chili early, votes from the public will be lost. Sampling will be roughly 1 to 2 ounces per sampler. The event may serve 150 to 175 samplers. Please consider this as you judge an appropriate quantity of chili. Please judge quantity of chili to be cooked and sampling size based on these facts.
- Warmers or crock-pots should be used to keep food at appropriate and safe temperature levels prior to and during the time of sampling. Please note that due to electrical restrictions, you may only be able to have one crock pot plugged in within the judging area at a time (choose the size of your crock pot accordingly). Extension cords and electricity will be provided.
- Table placement will be assigned. When cooks arrive they should check in at the registration table to be directed to their set-up area.
- Cooks must come prepared with a ladle or serving utensil. The diameter of the opening of the sample cup is 2”. Serving utensils should be selected accordingly.
- Cooks may “decorate” their table area if so desired. A black table covering will be placed on each table and cooks will be assigned two to a table.
- The Judges will award a first and second place in each category with One Overall People’s Choice Award.
MOST importantly….Happy cooking…we look forward to tasting your delicious chili!
page last updated 5/20/2013 1:13 PM