The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs assists faculty with identification of funding sources, preparation and submission of proposals, financial management of grants, and compliance with grant requirements. We also administer the University's internal research support program. The main office is located on the Denton campus with a satellite office at the TWU Houston Center.
- Website containing information on funding databases, government funding sources, research-related policies and procedures, proposal preparation, budget information such as payrates and fringe benefit amounts, member rosters of research-related committees, internal funding opportunities, and recent award recipients. The website also highlights TWU research and scholarly projects and contains profiles of research faculty at TWU;
- Identify and locate grant funding opportunities;
- Assistance in proposal development and submission including budget preparation, chart and graph development, editorial review and proofing, completion of certifications and assurances, review of proposals for compliance with guidelines, routing of proposals for institutional signatures;
- Proposal submission including hands-on assistance with electronic submission through grants.gov and other electronic submission systems;
- Research compliance support;
- Administrative support of TWU's research compliance committees including the Institutional Review Boards, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, Institutional Biosafety Committee, and Research Support Committee;
- Monitoring of grant account balances and assistance in preparing budget transfers, payroll forms, and purchasing.
- Repair of scientific equipment performed by a skilled technician;
- Bio-statistical consultation and training workshops on research design and methodology;
- Presentation of workshops and seminars on topics of interest to faculty such as budget preparation, grant writing, compliance, and the online research survey tool available to faculty;
- Administration of internal funding programs for faculty such as the Research Enhancement Program, Summer Stipend Program, Multidisciplinary Program, and Chancellor's Research Fellows Program;
- Administration of other internal research support funds such as the Travel Assistance Fund, Small Grants Program, and formula sharing of indirect cost recovery funds distributed to principal investigators;
- Maintenance of a proposal and grant database that tracks individual grant activities and generates comprehensive monthly and annual reports;
- Assistance with coordinating multidisciplinary, inter-campus, and inter-institutional research collaborations;
- Organization of the annual Student Creative Arts & Research Symposium.
page last updated 5/9/2013 8:15 AM