The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs assists faculty with identification of funding sources, preparation and submission of proposals, financial management of grants, and compliance with grant requirements. It also administers the University's resources to support research. The main office is located on the Denton campus with satellite offices on TWU’s Dallas and Houston campuses.
- Identifies and locates grant funding opportunities;
- Provides assistance in proposal development including budget preparation, chart and graph development, editorial review and proofing, completion of certifications and assurances, review of proposals for compliance with guidelines, and routing of proposals for institutional signatures;
- Oversees proposal submission including hands-on assistance with electronic submission through grants.gov and other electronic submission systems;
- Monitors grant account balances, makes purchases, and assists in the preparation of budget transfer and payroll forms;
- Maintains a proposal and grant database that tracks individual grant activities and generates comprehensive monthly and annual reports;
- Provides administrative support of TWU's research committees including the Institutional Review Boards, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, Institutional Biosafety Committee, Radiation Safety Committee, Research Support Committee, and Research Advisory Committee;
- Maintains a website containing information on funding databases, government funding sources, research-related policies and procedures, proposal preparation, budget information such as payrates and fringe benefit amounts, member rosters of research-related committees, internal funding opportunities, and recent award recipients. The website also highlights TWU research and scholarly projects and contains profiles of research faculty at TWU;
- Provides bio-statistical consultation and presents statistical training workshops on data management, research design, and methodology;
- Administers internal funding programs such as the Research Enhancement Program, Chancellor's Research Fellows Program, the Travel Assistance Fund, Small Grants Program, and the Undergraduate Research Microgrant Program;
- Manages the indirect cost distribution;
- Provides repair of scientific equipment by a skilled technician;
- Presents workshops and seminars on topics of interest to faculty such as budget preparation, grant writing, compliance, and the online research survey tool available to faculty;
- Assists with coordinating multidisciplinary, inter-campus, and inter-institutional research collaborations;
- Organizes the annual Student Creative Arts & Research Symposium.
page last updated 7/16/2015 3:51 PM