Mandatory FERPA Training for Faculty & Staff
TWU policy requires all faculty & staff with access to personally identifiable student educational records to complete the mandatory FERPA training.
The TWU FERPA training is available through Blackboard and is comprised of the following areas:
- FERPA training information
- FERPA Quiz (an educational quiz, not one to pass or fail)
- Acknowledgement Form
- Certificate of Completion
In order to be allowed access to protected student information, a faculty or staff member must complete all four areas of the FERPA training.
Accessing the training through Blackboard
- Login to Blackboard using your Pioneer Portal username and password. If you are unable to access Blackboard, please contact IT Service Desk at 940-898-3971
- Click on the "Organizations" tab at the top.
- If you are a faculty or staff member with Colleague access prior to 5/1/2014, you should already see "FERPA" in your "My Organizations". Click on it to proceed to the course (skip to item #5 below).
- If you do not see "FERPA" available, you can self-enroll in the course:
- Select Browse Organization Catalog.
- Enter the name FERPA in the search field.
- Hover over the FERPA Organization ID in the search results. Open the drop down menu and select Enroll.
- Select Submit. You will be taken directly to the training.
- The training module is in three parts:
- FERPA Training...informational slides concluding with a non-punitive, informational quiz
- Acknowledgement Form...user agrees to abide by TWU FERPA policy regarding the access and disclosure of any student record
- Certification of Completion...awarded once all of the training, quiz, and acknowledgement forms are completed.
- All of the training module must be completed before access to protected student information in Colleague, SQL reports, and G-media can be approved.
page last updated 5/15/2015 3:50 PM