To equip students with knowledge, experience, and readiness to lead personally and professionally fulfilling lives.
- Goal 1: Develop and expand learning opportunities focused on the success of students to live, work, and lead in a diverse and complex world.
- Goal 2: Integrate and align university infrastructures and resources that support collaborative and co-curricular experiential learning opportunities and student success initiatives.
- Goal 3: Cultivate and strengthen educational, civic, and business partnerships that increase opportunities for experiential learning, interdisciplinary and collaborative scholarship, and creative activity.
QEP Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
- SLO 1: Develop career and/or life skills related to the respective discipline.
- SLO 2: Identify practical, real-world issues and relate these issues to relevant coursework, programs of study, or life and career goals.
- SLO 3: Design and construct an action plan for acquiring the skills needed to continue to grow personally and professionally.
QEP Institutional Outcomes (IOs)
- IO 1: Integrate and align QEP efforts with university student success programs and initiatives.
- IO 2: Develop and offer professional development activities for faculty and staff that focus on experiential learning, assessment, and student success.
Implementation of the five-year plan begins in August 2013. Three foundational areas guide implementation: student initiatives, faculty participation and development, and expansion of internal and external partnerships.
- pre-professional development
- resources and support for increasing student participation in experiential learning activities
- development of an Experiential Student Scholar Program.
- QEP Enhanced Project Grants
- establishment of an Experiential Fellows mentorship program
- professional development activities
- development of inter-institutional and interdisciplinary collaboration
- development and expansion of community and industry partnerships
page last updated 4/2/2013 11:16 AM