CFO #802 Office
940-898-2333 phone | 940-898-2301 fax | email: email@example.com
School Psychology - Texas A&M University
Counseling Psychology – Lesley College
Psychology - Texas A&M University
Tests and Measurements
Supervision and Consultation, Advanced Consultation, Theory and Practice of Counseling Psychotherapy, Tests and Measurements, and Supervised Practicum
Military children and their families, supervision, and telepsychology.
- Palomares, R.S., Bufka, L.F., Baker, D.C. (2016). Critical Concerns When Incorporating Telemental Health Services in Outpatient Settings and Private Practice. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. doi: 10.1089/cap.2015.0013
- McGill, R. J., Styck, K. S., Palomares, R. S., & Hass, M. R. (2015). Critical issues in specific learning disability Identification: What we need to know about the PSW model. Learning Disability Quarterly. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1177/0731948715618504
- Palomares, R.S. (2015). After a Disaster: A Challenge for Psychologists to Provide Services. Texas Psychologist, Texas Psychological Association magazine, 70 (4), 11-16. http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.texaspsyc.org/resource/collection/9189A1DD-28C9-48D4- 9285-8AFC9F0DAE7A/2015%20Fall%20Texas%20Psychologist.pdf
- Palomares, R.S. (2015). Psychological Relief Work in Nepal. On the Move, Military Child Education Coalition magazine, 9 (3), 4-5. http://www.militarychild.org/public/upload/files/OTM_11-2015-lowres.pdf
- Palomares, R.S. (2015). A Win for School Psychologists and Students [Review of the book My Story: Blogs by Four Military Teens by M. D. Sherman & D. M. Sherman]. NASP Communique 43 (8) 37.http://www.nasponline.org/publications/cq/43/8/my-story.aspx.
- APA Joint Task Force for the Development of Telepsychology Guidelines for Psychologists* (2013). Guidelines for the Practice of Telepsychology. American Psychologist 68(9), 791-800. (*Served as a member of this Task Force, as listed on page 791.)
- Little, S., Little, A., Palomares, R., & Eckert, T.L. (2012). Men in academic school psychology: A national survey. Psychology in the Schools 49, 6, 554–567.
- Skiba, R., Reynolds, C.R., Graham, S., Sheras, P., Garcia, E., Conoley, J.C., Garcia- Vazquez, E., Subotnik, R., Sickler, H., Edmiston, A., Palomares, R.S. (2008). Are Zero Tolerance Policies Effective in the Schools? An Evidentiary Review and Recommendations. American Psychologist. 63 (9), 852–862. doi: 10.1037/0003-066X.63.9.852
- Palomares, R. S. (2006). What is special about special education? PsychCRITIQUES, 51, 15.
- Palomares, R. S. (2005). Schooling children to think. PsychCRITIQUES, 50, 12.
- 2016: Invited by the Office of the U.S. Vice President to attend the Convening on Military-Connected Children at the White House, hosted by the 2nd Lady, Dr. Jill Biden and Secretary of Education, John B. King, Jr.
- 2015: Honored. Outstanding Contribution to Public Service Award, Texas Psychological Association
- 2015: Elected. Commissioner for the APA Commission for the Recognition of Specialties and Proficiencies in Professional Psychology (CRSPP)
- 2015: Elected. Trustee for the Texas Psychological Association’s Board of Trustees
- 2014: Honored. Outstanding Alumni for the College of Education & Human Development, Texas A&M University
- 2014: Elected. Trainers of School Psychology Executive Board
- 2013: Service Award. APA Board of Professional Affairs
- 2013: Service Award. APA Committee for the Advancement of Professional Practice
- 2007: Elected Fellow. APA Division of School Psychology
- 2006: Commendation. Texas Psychological Association Division of School Psychology.
- 2003: Presidential Citation APA Division of School Psychology
- 2002: Presidential Award for Outstanding Services to Division 16 & School Psychology. APA Division of School Psychology.
page last updated 8/16/2016 11:11 AM