Associate Professor, Director, Masters Counseling Program, and Core Counseling Psychology Faculty
Office: CFO 705
940-898-2317 phone | 940-898-2301 fax | email: mailto:email@example.com
Counseling Psychology with Gender Studies (minor) - Indiana University
Counseling Psychology - University of Denver
Psychology (Major) Adelphi University
Undergraduate Psychology of Women, Cross Cultural Psychology, Psychology of Adjustment
Graduate Psychology of Sexuality, Cross Cultural Psychology, Practicum, Capstone Proficiencies, Master’s Professional Issues, College Teaching
Women’s sexuality, Childfree women, Reproductive Justice, Multicultural Counseling, Training/Teaching Issues, and Professional Development.
- Mollen, D. (in press). Reproductive rights and informed consent: Toward a more inclusive discourse. Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy.
- Carter, L.W., Mollen, D., & Smith, N.G. (2014). Locus of control, minority stress, and psychological distress among lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 61, 169-175. doi: 10.1037/a0034593
- Mollen, D., & Mootz. J. (2013). Women’s sexuality: From problems to possibilities. In D. Casteñeda (Ed.), An essential handbook of women's sexuality. (pp. 311-331). Praeger: Santa Barbara, CA
- Smith, N.G., Keller, B.K., Mollen, D., Bledsoe, M., Buhin, L., Edwards, L.M., Levy, J.L., Magyar-Moe, J.L., & Yahushko, O. (2012). Voices of early career psychologists in Division 17, the section of counseling psychology. The Counseling Psychologist, 40, 794-825. doi: 10.1177/0011000011417145
- Mollen, D., Smith, N.G., Levy, J.L., & Magyar-Moe, J.L. (2012). Privilege and belonging: The quest to make the society of counseling psychology more welcoming. The Counseling Psychologist, 40, 856-867. doi: 10.1177/0011000012443857
- Long, S. L., Mollen, D., & Smith, N.G. (2012). College women’s attitudes toward sex workers. Sex Roles, 66, 117-127.
- Ridley, C.R., & Mollen, D. (2011). Training in counseling psychology: An introduction to the major contribution. The Counseling Psychologist, 39, 793-799.
- Ridley, C.R., Kelly, S., & Mollen, D. (2011). Microskills training: Evolution, reexamination, and call for reform. The Counseling Psychologist, 39, 800-824.
- Ridley, C. R., Mollen, D., & Kelly, S. (2011). Beyond microskills: Toward a model of counseling competence. The Counseling Psychologist, 39, 825-864.
- Ridley, C. R., Mollen, D., & Kelly, S. (2011). Counseling competence: Implications and application of a model. The Counseling Psychologist, 39, 865-886.
- Mollen, D., Kelly, S.M., & Ridley, C.R. (2011). Therapeutic change: The raison d'etre for counseling competence. The Counseling Psychologist, 39, 918-927.
- Vinson, C., Mollen, D., & Smith, N.G. (2010). Perceptions of childfree women: The role of perceivers. Journal of Community and Applied Social Psychology, 20, 426-432.
- Mollen, D., & Stabb, S. D. (2010). Women’s sexuality and meaning-making. Journal of Constructivist Psychology, 23, 295-320.
- Stabb, S. D., Mollen, D., Cruz, C., Simonson, K., Vyas, A., & Brucker, K. H. (2010). Five therapists’ personal and professional reflections and integration. In A. Mahoney and O. M. Espin (Eds) Sin or salvation: The relationship between sexuality and spirituality in psychotherapy (pp. 41-57). New York: taylor & Francis.
- Mollen, D., & Ridley, C. R. (2010). Cross cultural counseling. In C.S. Clauss-Ehler (Ed.) The Encyclopedia of Cross-Cultural School Psychology (pp. 341-347). Springer.
- Mollen, D. (2009). In defiance of compulsory mothering: Voluntarily childfree women’s resistance. In G. MacDonald & E. Faulkner (Eds.), Victim no more? Women resisting the label of law (pp. 138-151). Halifax, Nova Scotia: Fernwood Press.
- Domingue, R., & Mollen, D. (2009). Attachment and conflict communication in adult romantic relationships. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 678-696.
- Mollen, D. (2009). In defiance of compulsory mothering: Voluntarily childfree women’s resistance. In G. MacDonald & E. Faulkner (Eds.), Victim no more? Women resisting the label of law. [city]: Fernwood Press.
- 2014-2016 APA Division 17 Section for the Advancement of Women (SAW), Chair-Elect; Co-chair, revisions for the APA Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Girls and Women
- 2013-2014 Graduate Dean Search Committee, Member
- 2013-2014 Faculty Awards Committee, Chair
- 2012-2014 Faculty Evaluation and Development Committee
- 2011-2012 Student Research Award Coordinator, APA Division 17 Section on the Advancement of Women (SAW)
- 2010-2012 Program Chair, APA Division 17 Section on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Issues (SLGBTI)
- 2009 Mary Mason Lyon Award, Winner
page last updated 11/14/2014 12:10 PM