Associate Professor, Director, Masters Counseling Program, and Core Counseling Psychology Faculty
Office: CFO 705
940-898-2317 phone | 940-898-2301 fax | email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Counseling Psychology with Gender Studies (minor) - Indiana University
Counseling Psychology - University of Denver
Psychology (Major) Adelphi University
Undergraduate Psychology of Women, Cross Cultural Psychology
Graduate Psychology of Sexuality, Cross Cultural Psychology, Practicum, Capstone Proficiencies, Master’s Professional Issues, College Teaching
Women’s sexuality, Childfree women, Multicultural Counseling, Training/Teaching Issues
- Mollen, D., & Mootz. J. (in press). Women’s sexuality: From problems to possibilities. In D. Casteñeda (Ed.) An essential handbook of women's sexuality. Praeger.
- Smith, N.G., Keller, B.K., Mollen, D., Bledsoe, M., Buhin, L., Edwards, L.M., Levy, J.L., Magyar-Moe, J.L., & Yahushko, O. (2012). Voices of early career psychologists in Division 17, the section of counseling psychology. The Counseling Psychologist, 40, 794-825. doi: 10.1177/0011000011417145
- Mollen, D., Smith, N.G., Levy, J.L., & Magyar-Moe, J.L. (2012). Privilege and belonging: The quest to make the society of counseling psychology more welcoming. The Counseling Psychologist, 40, 856-867. doi: 10.1177/0011000012443857
- Long, S. L., Mollen, D., & Smith, N.G. (2012). College women’s attitudes toward sex workers. Sex Roles, 66, 117-127.
- Ridley, C.R., & Mollen, D. (2011). Training in counseling psychology: An introduction to the major contribution. The Counseling Psychologist, 39, 793-799.
- Ridley, C.R., Kelly, S., & Mollen, D. (2011). Microskills training: Evolution, reexamination, and call for reform. The Counseling Psychologist, 39, 800-824.
- Ridley, C. R., Mollen, D., & Kelly, S. (2011). Beyond microskills: Toward a model of counseling competence. The Counseling Psychologist, 39, 825-864.
- Ridley, C. R., Mollen, D., & Kelly, S. (2011). Counseling competence: Implications and application of a model. The Counseling Psychologist, 39, 865-886.
- Mollen, D., Kelly, S.M., & Ridley, C.R. (2011). Therapeutic change: The raison d'etre for counseling competence. The Counseling Psychologist, 39, 918-927.
- Vinson, C., Mollen, D., & Smith, N.G. (2010). Perceptions of childfree women: The role of perceivers. Journal of Community and Applied Social Psychology, 20, 426-432.
- Mollen, D., & Stabb, S. D. (2010). Women’s sexuality and meaning-making. Journal of Constructivist Psychology, 23, 295-320.
- Stabb, S. D., Mollen, D., Cruz, C., Simonson, K., Vyas, A., & Brucker, K. H. (2010). Five therapists’ personal and professional reflections and integration. In A. Mahoney and O. M. Espin (Eds) Sin or salvation: The relationship between sexuality and spirituality in psychotherapy (pp. 41-57). New York: taylor & Francis.
- Mollen, D., & Ridley, C. R. (2010). Cross cultural counseling. In C.S. Clauss-Ehler (Ed.) The Encyclopedia of Cross-Cultural School Psychology (pp. 341-347). Springer.
- Mollen, D. (2009). In defiance of compulsory mothering: Voluntarily childfree women’s resistance. In G. MacDonald & E. Faulkner (Eds.), Victim no more? Women resisting the label of law (pp. 138-151). Halifax, Nova Scotia: Fernwood Press
- Ridley, C. R., & Mollen, D. (2008). Cross-cultural counseling competencies. In F.T. L. Leong (Ed.). Volume Four: Cross-Cultural Counseling: Cultural Competence (pp. 1218-1220). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Domingue, R., & Mollen, D. (2009). Attachment and conflict communication in adult romantic relationships. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 678-696.
- Mollen, D. (2009). In defiance of compulsory mothering: Voluntarily childfree women’s resistance. In G. MacDonald & E. Faulkner (Eds.), Victim no more? Women resisting the label of law. [city]: Fernwood Press.
- Leistyna, P., & Mollen, D. (2008). Teaching social class through alternative media and by dialoging across disciplines and boundaries. Radical Teacher, 81, 20-27.
- Stabb, S. D., Mollen, D., Cruz, C., Simonson, K., Vyas, A., & Brucker, K. H. (2008). Five therapists’ personal and professional reflections and integration. Women in Psychotherapy Special Edition: Women’s Sexuality & Spirituality, 31, 41-57.
- Mollen, D. (2008). Guidance and guidelines for the theory and practice of feminist therapy. [Review of the book Feminist therapy, theory, and practice: A contemporary practice]. Sex Roles, 59, 900-902.
- Hahn, K., & Mollen, D. (2008). Exploring our past, anticipating our future. [Review of the book The Foundation and Future of Feminist Therapy]. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 32, 340-341
- Mollen, D. (2006). Voluntarily childfree women: Experiences and counseling considerations. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 28, 269-282.
- Mollen, D., Ethington, L. L., & Ridley, C. R. (2006). Positive psychology: Considerations and implications for counseling psychology. The Counseling Psychologist, 34, 304-312.
- Mollen, D. (2006). Indispensable pragmatic approaches to multicultural pedagogy [Review of the book Teaching gender and multicultural awareness: Resources for the psychology classroom]. Sex Roles, 54, 157-158.
- Ridley, C. R., & Mollen, D. (2005). Post doctoral training in multicultural counseling competence. In R. T. Carter (Ed.), Handbook of racial-cultural counseling and psychology (Vol. 2, pp. 204 218). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley.
- 2012-2013 Faculty Evaluation and Development Committee
- 2011-2012 Student Research Award Coordinator, APA Division 17 Section on the Advancement of Women (SAW)
- 2010-2012 Program Chair, APA Division 17 Section on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Issues (SLGBTI)
- 2009 Mary Mason Lyon Award, Winner
- 2008-present Faculty Awards Committee
- 2008 Texas Woman’s University Favorite Faculty Member, Nominee
- 2008 Mary Mason Lyon Award, Nominee
- 2007 Minnie Stevens Piper Award, Nominee
- 2007 Who’s Who in America
- 2007 TWU Ally Program (recognized supporter of LGBT population on campus)
- 2007 TWU Summer Research Stipend, 2007 (unfunded)
- 2007 Texas Woman’s University Favorite Faculty Member, Nominee
- 2007 Texas Woman’s University Outstanding Faculty Adviser, Nominee
- 2007 VOX: Voices for Planned Parenthood named Outstanding Student Organization
- 2006 Who’s Who Among American Teachers
- 2005 Pioneer Diversity Award, Texas Woman’s University
page last updated 5/13/2013 8:39 AM