Assistant Professor, Core Undergraduate Psychology Faculty
CFO #803 Office
940-898-2318 phone | 940-898-2301 fax | email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Experimental Psychology – Texas Christian University
Experimental Psychology - East Tennessee State University
Undergraduate: Behavior Therapy, Applied Statistics, Positive Psychology, Physiological Psychology, Early Field Experience.
Graduate: Neuropsychopharamcology, Advanced Statistics.
Positive Psychology, Stress Management, & Family Systems.
- Asbury, T. & Hall, S. (2013). Facebook as a mechanism for social support and mental health wellness. Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research, 18, 124-129.
- Asbury, T. & Martin, D. (2012). Military Deployment and the Spouse Left Behind. The Family Journal, 20(1) pp. 41-46.
- Smith, V., Reddy, J., Foster, K., Asbury, T., & Brooks, J. (2011). Public perceptions, knowledge, and stigma toward people with schizophrenia. Journal of Public Mental Health. 10(1), 45-46.
- Asbury, T. (2011). Changes to the Revised Graduate Record Exam. Eye on Psi Chi. Volume 15, Issue 5.
- Asbury, T. (2008, October). Righting the ship for students with limited English skills. Diverse Education Online.
- Asbury, T., Cross, D.,& Waggenspack, B. (2003). Biological, Adopted and Mixed Families: The Impact of the Special Needs Child. Adoption Quarterly, 7 (1), 53-72.
- Asbury, T., Fritts, M., Horton, J., & Isaac, W.(1998). Progesterone facilitates the acquisition of avoidance learning and protects against subcortical neuronal death following prefrontal cortex ablation in the rat. Behavioral Brain Research, 97, 99-106.
- Fritts, M., Asbury, T., Isaac, W., & Horton, J. (1998). Pretest CS cueing facilitates the recovery of avoidance behavior following visual cortex lesions in the rat. Physiology & Behavior, 63(4), 659-666.
- Fritts, M. Asbury, T., Horton, J., & Isaac, W. (1998). Medial prefrontal lesion deficits involving or sparing the prelimbic area in the rat lead to differential deficits on an avoidance task. Physiology and Behavior, 64 (3), 373-380.
- Core Undergraduate Psychology Faculty Member
- Psi Chi Advisor
- TWU Favorite Faculty, December 2011
- Grant Recipient, After School Mentoring Program $7200, Maybelle C. MacDonald Fund Award (2011)
- Fort Worth ISD Institutional Review Board External Reviewer/Secretary
page last updated 4/15/2014 8:35 PM