The following ethics policy shall apply to all University employees involved with any aspect of the purchasing process:
- First consideration shall be given to the objectives and policies of Texas Woman’s University.
- Every effort shall be made to obtain the best value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Honesty in sales representation shall be demanded, whether offered through the medium of oral or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Purchase agents, their staffs and others authorized by or under these regulations to make purchases shall not accept personal gifts or gratuities that might in any way result in an obligation to individuals or firms seeking business.
- All purchases, regardless of the source of funds, shall be made using the method that provides the best value to Texas Woman’s University and in accordance with (a) the requirements of Texas Education Code Sections 51.9335, 73.115, or 74.008, as applicable, unless otherwise authorized by law or University policy.
- No bidder or proposer shall receive special consideration.
- Any violations of these purchasing ethics shall be reported promptly by the Director, Procurement Services to Vice President for Finance and Administration.
page last updated 5/11/2016 2:48 PM