TEXAS WOMAN’S UNIVERSITY
SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL THERAPY
The TWU School of Physical Therapy has a Friends Program for persons who wish to support the mission of the School. Alumni, former faculty, patients who have benefitted from physical therapy, health, and business leaders in the community have always contributed to the success of the School. The Friends Program allows the School to conduct activities that are not funded by the state. Recent activities included a reception at the annual meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association where faculty and students networked with leaders of the APTA and Research Conferences in Houston and Dallas which highlighted presentations by students and keynote addresses by nationally recognized researchers in physical therapy. Other activities supported by the School include student attendance at state and national professional events, as well as faculty support for development in unique areas of study or research.
Friends may be so designated for any level and type of gift to the School, including time, expertise, and monetary donations. Three additional levels of support include Sponsor, Partner, or Sustaining Partner. In addition, opportunities are available for naming of special events held at the School, such as Research Conferences and Lectureships. Friends are provided with information on the accomplishments of students and faculty, facilities updates, and curricular changes. TWU and the School of Physical Therapy want to recognize the contributions of persons who support the School and its programs.
A Friend of the School of Physical Therapy designation is available to anyone who provides a monetary gift or in-kind benefit. A designated Friend, at the basic $100 level of support or equivalent, will be acknowledged on the website upon request and a one-time ad or notice will be sent to students if so desired.
A Sponsor of the School of Physical Therapy designation is available at the $500 level of giving per campus. The benefits are negotiated with the Sponsor but may include the following:
(1) Partial sponsorship of one campus-specific School event during which the sponsor may also be responsible for food costs, with the food being provided by a TWU-approved vendor
(2) Listing as a Sponsor of TWU School of Physical Therapy on the School website (with link) for 12 months and complimentary job posting by e-mail for 6 months if requested
(3) Invitation to appropriate events.
Partnerships with the School are available at two levels of giving: $1000 (Partner) per campus and $2500 (Sustaining Partner), and the benefits are negotiated with the Partner but may include the following:
(1) Sponsorship of one campus-specific School event per academic year, during which the sponsor may also be responsible for food costs, with the food being provided by a TWU approved vendor
(2) Listing of the sponsor as a Partner of TWU School of Physical Therapy on the school website for 12 months and complimentary job postings for 12 months (with link) if requested
(3) Invitation to appropriate events.
Sustaining Partner ($2500)
(1) Choice of sponsorship for one School event per academic year on each campus, during which the sponsor may be responsible for food costs with the food being provided by a TWU-approved vendor
(2) Listing of the sponsor as a Sustaining Partner of the TWU School of Physical Therapy on the School Website for 12 months and complimentary job postings for 12 months if requested
(3) Privilege of participating in special “invitation only” events held at the School for students and/or alumni and/or community throughout the academic year. A Sustaining Partner of the School will have right of first refusal to attend these special events. If the Sustaining Partner chooses to participate in an event, that partner may be responsible for food costs with the food being provided by a TWU approved vendor.
Corporate Sponsorship ($10,000) for a named annual event, such as Houston Research Conference, Dallas Research Conference or an established lectureship. is most welcome. Please contact Dr. Sharon Olson for more information.
page last updated 7/18/2014 4:16 PM