School of Physical Therapy Mission Statement
The Mission of the School of Physical Therapy is to advance the practice and science of physical therapy through education, research, and service.
School Vision Statement
The School of Physical Therapy will be a nationally recognized leader in professional and post-professional education; interprofessional and community collaboration; and student and faculty scholarly activities.
- TWU is a public university open to all (both male and female).
- Well known for its health-related programs
- Professional PT program offered at two locations:
- T. Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences, Dallas, TX
- Institute of Health Sciences, Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
- Physical therapists may be generalists or specialists in various areas of patient care such as orthopedics, sports medicine, pediatrics, women’s health, and long-term rehabilitation
- PTs may direct continuing education programs, teach in universities, or work as researchers, managers, entrepreneurs and consultants
- Job outlook for physical therapists continues to be excellent.
Essential Functions of a DPT
Essential Functions (pdf) describe the program's expectations of its PT students and provides some contact information.
5 DPT Graduate Outcomes
School of PT has identified 5 DPT Graduate Outcomes that prepare our students to be good physical therapists.
page last updated 6/28/2016 11:04 AM