This procedure includes the steps for completing New Hire Paperwork. This procedure does not apply to contract employees paid through Accounts Payable.
Who is required to complete a New Hire Paperwork?
All new hire and rehired employees. This includes Faculty, Staff, Graduate Assistants and Student Assistants.
When do I complete a New Hire Paperwork?
All new hire and rehire employees are required to complete a New Hire Packet by their first day of employment to ensure compliance.
Where do I complete a New Hire Paperwork?
All Faculty, Staff and Graduate Assistants will complete a New Hire Packet at the Office of Human Resources. (Note: This packet is separate from the application packet and is required prior to payment). Please bring identifying documents for I-9 verification.
All Student Employees complete a New Hire Packet at Career Services located in the Human Development Building. Please bring identifying documents for I-9 verification.
What forms are included in the New Hire Paperwork?
- I-9 Form
- Employee Biographical Data Form
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- W-4 Form
- Texas State Prior State Service Verification Form (Sent to prior agency by employee)
- Employee Report of Current and/or Previous State Employment Form
- Election to Disclose Information Form
- New Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Form
- TWU Confidential Employee Survey Form
Steps to completing the New Hire Paperwork:
A new hire packet is included with the employee offer letter with instructions to submit the completed packet to the Office of Human Resources or the employee may come to the Office of Human Resources to complete a new hire packet.
1. I-9 Form
The employee completes section 1 of the I-9 form. The Office of Human Resources and Career Services (for student employees) will complete section 2 of the I-9 form. Please bring identifying documents with you when submitting the New Hire Packet. This includes one document from list A or one document from list B and list C.
2. Employee Biographical Data Form
Completed by employee
3. Direct Deposit Authorization Form
Sign up to have your paycheck directly deposited. You may choose to have your payment split between several accounts using this form. Be sure your routing and account number are written on the form accurately
4. W-4 Form
Be sure to include your name, address, social security number as well as marital status and number of exemptions preferred. Sign and date the form at the bottom.
5. Texas State Prior State Service Verification Form
Employee will complete the upper portion of the form to include the prior Texas State Agency name and send it directly to the prior agency for verification. (ISDs, junior colleges as well as community colleges should not be included)
6. Employee Report of Current and/or Previous State Employment Form
Employee’s report of any current and/or previous state employment form. Completed by employee.
7. Election to Disclose Information
Employees choose whether person information is released to public using this form.
8. New Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Form
Information for the new employee.
9. TWU Confidential Employee Survey Form
Completed by new employee.
page last updated 12/5/2014 8:36 AM