Texas Woman’s University will celebrate its inaugural Spotlight on Faculty Excellence the week of October 28 – November 1, 2013. This series of events will highlight the many contributions of TWU faculty in the areas of teaching, scholarship, and service. The Spotlight on Faculty Excellence is sponsored by the Faculty Senate and the Office of the Provost. This will be an annual recognition of the contributions of faculty, and additional events will be added each year to honor faculty accomplishments. A faculty and administrator committee is planning the activities. If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, please contact the Office of the Senior Associate Provost. The following events will take place during the week and require registration to attend (instructions sent out in emails to faculty):
Thank a Faculty
As a part of TWU’s Spotlight on Faculty Excellence week, students have the opportunity to let faculty know the ways they have influenced and enhanced their future possibilities. Click the button to Thank a Faculty! Thanks for taking the time to recognize the faculty who work with you in achieving your educational goals.
New Faculty Breakfast
As part of our Spotlight on Faculty Excellence, new faculty in Denton are invited to join Dr. Robert Neely, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, for a Breakfast honoring them as new members of our faculty community. The breakfast will take place Monday, October 28, 2013 @ 8:00 am in the Hubbard Hall Banquet Room.
- Tuesday, October 29, 2013 @ 12:00 noon - Spotlight on Dallas Faculty Luncheon (Multipurpose Room, 3rd Floor)
- Wednesday, October 30, 2013 @ 12:00 noon - Spotlight on Denton Faculty Luncheon (Hubbard Hall SE Ballroom, food service begins at 11:45 am)
- Friday, November 1, 2013 @ 12:00 noon - Spotlight on Houston Faculty Luncheon (Legacy Room)
The luncheons will honor faculty accomplishments including:
- Awards of promotion and/or tenure, 2013
- Faculty Development Grant and Leave awards, 2012-14
- Pioneer Teaching and Learning Fellows, 2012-13
- Chancellor’s Research Fellows, 2012-13
- Quality Matters certification recipients, 2012-13
- Disciplinary awards, honors, and offices, 2012-13
- Awards of external funding, 2012-13
- New faculty, 2013-14 (Dallas & Houston).
In conjunction with the celebrations, a display of faculty posters presented at professional conferences during 2012-13 will take place on all three campuses.
- Dallas faculty exhibits will be in the Auditorium Lobby (1st floor) from Monday, October 28 to Wednesday, October 3.
- Denton faculty exhibits will be in the Hubbard Hall Pioneer Room from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm on Wednesday, October 30, in conjunction with the Faculty Luncheon.
- Houston faculty exhibits will be on the Houston Center 1st and 2nd floors from Wednesday, October 3, to Friday, November 1.
Using Sedona to Spotlight Faculty Excellence
The Office of Technology will offer 30-minute mini-workshops entitled “Using Sedona to Spotlight Faculty Excellence” Monday through Thursday, October 28-31. The workshops will assist faculty in maintaining their vitas to effectively highlight their accomplishments. Please sign up for a session using this sign-up sheet.
page last updated 11/26/2013 1:32 PM