Heather appreciates the opportunities offered by TWU OT faculty
Facts about our PhD in OT program
- Initiated in 1993, the PhD in Occupational Therapy has been awarded to more than 35 occupational therapists.
- TWUs PhD in Occupational Therapy was approved as a Distance Education degree by the State of Texas in 2011.
- With diligence, the PhD in Occupational Therapy can be completed within 4 years.
- PhD organized classes are conducted online with 1-2 campus visits to Dallas or Houston per semester.
- Our students hail from around the nation and around the world and the online format enhances collaboration at each student's local level as well as partnerships across the miles.
The PhD in Occupational Therapy at TWU is based on a mentorship model. Applicants must match research interests with a faculty mentor before entry into the program. Scholarship is developed under that mentor with individual study and articulations with organized coursework assignments culminating in disseration. The degree is focused to the demonstration of competence in the design, implementation, and dissemination of research.
PhD Program Faculty at TWU
Patricia Bowyer, OTR, EdD
Professor and Coordinator of Doctoral Program
page last updated 2/9/2016 5:14 PM