TWU is participating in the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service known as OTCAS, beginning July 19, 2016, for the applicants applying to the Entry-level MOT program for fall 2017. Our application deadline is October 15, 2016 (11:00 PM CST)
The MOT program requires two (2) separate applications and fees.
All prerequisite courses must be completed at the time of application with no grade below C and a minimum prerequisite GPA of 3.0.
Anatomy & Physiology I & II
NOTE: If taking courses during summer 2016 term, consider waiting to submit your OTCAS application until your summer grades are posted on a transcript or they cannot be updated until mid-December.
If accepted into the MOT Program, the following must be submitted by August 1st prior to 1st enrollment:
• Proof of competency in Medical Terminology
• CPR (Health Care Provider level)
• Proof of Immunizations
• Background Check
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATION
Apply to TWU is the link to use the online and state-wide application form for Graduate studies [$50.00 application fee for most students; $75.00 fee for International Students] or found at www.applytexas.org
Apply before October 15.
Instructions for TWU Apply Texas Application:
1. Graduate Application - choose TWU Denton first, then specific campus later
2. Select Fall 2017 (if Fall 2017 option is not available you may choose Spring 2017 or wait to apply after Sept 1st when the Fall 2017 option becomes available - classes always begin in Fall).
3. Major: Occupational Therapy Entry MOT - select your first choice campus
4. Degree seeking : Masters
5. Ultimate Degree: Masters
6. Enter Education information. List all community colleges and universities attended (including high school dual credit). Also, project your course work in future semesters. If you add any coursework after submitting the transcript, contact Student Records http://www.twu.edu/admissions-processing/ to update/correct your application.
7. Enter residency information.
8. Payment options. ($50 fee directly to TWU which you pay online at end of application)
§ If you send a check, Personal checks are NO LONGER Accepted; it must be a certified check or money order sent to TWU.
9. You must select “Ready to Submit” and then "Submit".
10. After 48 hours, you will be able to create a PORTAL account on the TWU website https://portal.twu.edu/default.asp Locate your TWU Colleague ID # (seven digit #, generally begins with a 1) at the top of the page when you log in. Remember your password and log in ID. You can track your arrival of transcripts, GRE scores and status through the Webadvisor in Portal.
11. Note the TWU Colleague ID (seven digit #, generally begins with a 1) needs to be recorded on the OTCAS application as well.
Submit to TWU Graduate School the following supporting documents:
1. Transcripts from all schools Arrange for your transcripts to be mailed or electronically sent from the university to:
Texas Woman's University
TWU Admissions Processing
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204
(Overnight or Fed Ex or Lonestar)
Texas Woman's University
TWU Admissions Processing
304 Administration Dr.
Denton, TX 76204 (no Saturday delivery)
2. GRE scores (taken within the last 5 years-new version only) and earn competitive scores on the Verbal, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing Interpretive Data components of the GRE.
3. International students from a country where the official language is other than English, must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and TSE/Test A (Test of Spoken English) tests. For a list of exempt countries and the TOEFL exemption form see: http://www.twu.edu/admissions/international/toefl-requirements-and-exemptions/.
TOEFL iBT (for International applicants only) minimum scores accepted in each area for OT School:
Additional International Applicant Information: http://www.twu.edu/international-education/
4. Academic or Professional Reference Form Academic/Professional Reference Form. A reference from an individual who can best attest to your readiness for graduate level work. A college/university faculty member under whom the applicant has completed a course of study is preferred. However a professional reference from an employer or supervisor will receive equal consideration. Contact a college/university instructor under whom you have completed at least 1 course for college credit or an employer/supervisor who can best attest to your readiness for graduate level work. Present the faculty member/employer with the Academic or Professional Reference Form and an envelope. You must submit the completed form, sealed in a signed envelope, to the School of Occupational Therapy Admissions Coordinator (address below) by Oct 15, 2016.
5. Clinical Observation / Reference Form Clinical Observation Form. Complete a minimum of 20 volunteer hours under the supervision of one Occupational Therapist. Contact an occupational therapist and arrange for 20 hours of observation of occupational therapy practice under his or her supervision. Present the occupational therapist with the MOT Applicant Clinical Observation Form and an envelope. You must submit the completed form, sealed in a signed envelope, to the School of Occupational Therapy Admissions Coordinator (address below) by Oct 15, 2016. Note - The School of Occupational Therapy does not refer applicants to specific clinical sites or therapists for observation hours. This choice is the responsibility of the applicant. Typically occupational therapy practitioners are glad to provide this service to persons interested in joining the profession.
Send to: Admissions Coordinator
TWU - School of Occupational Therapy
MCL Building 810
P.O. Box 425648
Denton, TX 76204-5648
Apply to the OTCAS before October 15 via www.otcas.org
OTCAS processing may take up to 4-5 weeks once all required materials are received. We encourage you to apply early!
Submit to OTCAS all supporting documents by October 15, which include:
1. Transcripts from all schools (Send to both OTCAS and TWU Graduate School)
2. GRE scores – Self report your GRE scores in OTCAS and have your official scores sent to TWU using code # 6826 (TWU)
3. Essay - Answer the personal statement prompt along with the TWU essay prompt in OTCAS
4. Evaluations - When OTCAS application asks for 3 evaluations, enter the contact information of the individuals who completed the Academic or Professional Reference Form and the Clinical Observation / Reference Form. Please list one additional evaluator of your choice.
If you experience difficulty completing portions of the OTCAS, it may be your web browser or mobile device. OTCAS has a team dedicated to helping applicants with the application process.
The Customer Service information is listed below:
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm EST
Phone Number: 617-612-2860
When contacting via email, applicants should include their full name, OTCAS ID number and a detailed question.
Application Deadlines for Fall 2017
· July 19, 2016 - Begin accepting applications for Fall 2017
· Final deadline is October 15, 2016 (CST 11:00 PM)
· December 15, 2016 - Target date for notifying accepted students
· January 30, 2017 - Target date for notifying Alternates
page last updated 9/16/2016 9:53 AM