Requirements for Unconditional Admission
- A current license to practice professional nursing in the USA
- A basic statistics course
- A baccalaureate degree with an upper division major in nursing from a program accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting body.
- Scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B average) in the last 60 hours of coursework toward the undergraduate nursing degree and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all prior graduate coursework.
Applicants who do not meet these criteria but have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the last 60 hours of course work toward the undergraduate nursing degree may be considered for provisional admission on an individual basis. Factors that will be considered in the admission decision are: GRE scores, MAT score, GPA on any prior graduate course work, scholarly activities, professional leadership, and work history.
- Prior to enrollment in the first clinical nursing course, the student must have completed the equivalent of one year of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- Prior to enrollment in any clinical nursing course, each student must show proof of:
- Professional liability insurance provided through TWU student liability group policy
- Current licensure to practice professional nursing in Texas
- Current immunization as required by Texas law
- Students may be required to meet clinical agency requirements such as drug testing and criminal background screening.
page last updated 10/13/2016 3:37 PM