The TWU Jazz Ensemble and Pioneer Jazz Combo are made up of current university students and rehearse on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30-5:20 PM in Margo Jones Performance Hall.
Membership in Jazz Ensemble and Pioneer Jazz Combo is open to all TWU students upon audition.
The first rehearsal for Spring 2015 will be on Thursday, January 15th.
Please contact Mr. Matt Sawyer at email@example.com or (940) 898-2515 for section placement audition information.
2014-2015 Concert Schedule
Denton Arts and Jazz Festival
Friday April 24-Sunday, April 26
Performance Time TBA
Other Performances TBA
Pioneer Jazz Combo: Denton State Supported Living Center performances TBA and other performances TBA
MU 3571-01 Jazz Ensemble
T-TH 4:30-5:20 PM
Course Learning Objectives:
1. To be exposed to and perform outstanding literature available for jazz ensemble
2. To develop as individual musicians and ensemble musicians
3. To present inspiring public performances of quality literature
4. To develop the highest level of rehearsal technique, performance standards, and performance practice with the context of time and talent available
5. To support University activities as requested by the Chancellor’s Office
6. To become familiar with and understand jazz terminology for both learning to improvise and teaching jazz in a classroom setting
page last updated 5/19/2015 4:09 PM