If you would like information about the Music Program at TWU, please let us know!
Want more info about studying Music Therapy? Are you looking at graduate programs for Music Pedagogy? Are you transferring to TWU after starting college somewhere else and want to know your options? We would love to assist in answering your questions about studying Music at Texas Woman's University. Please complete the Information Request Form and someone will reply via email with information. We look forward to hearing from you!
Music Program Entrance and Scholarship Auditions
Please contact student assistant Amy Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to audition for entrance into the Music Program for Fall 2014.
Prospective students can audition for entrance into the Music Program on one of the dates below. You can also choose to compete for a number of scholarships that are available to new and transferring music students each year. These are awarded based on musical excellence, as verified through a performance audition, music theory/sight singing assessment, supported by teacher recommendations.
Audition Dates for 2015-2016 school year:
January 24, 2015
February 28, 2015
How to Audition
- Fill out the Music Entrance and Scholarship Audition Application Form and submit online. Form must be received by the music department no later than Tuesday, January 19, 2015 at 5pm for the January audition and Tuesday, February 23, 2015 at 5pm for the February audition. The Audition Application Form is posted at the bottom of these instructions. Please fill out the form completely before submitting, as incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Make application to Texas Woman's University Admissions. You may not be awarded a scholarship until you have been accepted for admission into the University.
- Total performance time will average 7-10 minutes in length.
- Singers should memorize two contrasting pieces from the classical repertoire.
- Instrumentalists should prepare a selection from the standard repertoire for your instrument. Audition may include scales and sight reading.
- Pianists should perform pieces representing at least two different style periods (Baroque, Classical, Romantic, 20th Century).
*An accompanist will be provided, or you may bring your own. No taped accompaniments are allowed.
- For students whose performance audition time is prior to 3:00 p.m., a music theory/sight singing assessment of approximately one hour in length will immediately follow the performance audition. Students whose performance audition time is 3:00 p.m. or later are to report for the music theory/sight singing assessment 90 minutes prior to their performance audition time.
- A live audition is preferred, but a high-quality CD or DVD recording may be sent to the address on the application form and marked “Attention: Entrance Audition.” Deadline for receipt of recordings is Friday, February 20, 2015.
- A letter of recommendation needs to be sent from your current private teacher or ensemble director to:
TWU Music Scholarship
P.O. Box 425768
Denton, TX 76204-5768
Graduate and Transfer Students: Placement Tests
The exams are given to graduate and transfer Music majors prior to the beginning of both the Fall and Spring semesters, on the Saturday preceding the start of classes, beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the Music Building. For Fall 2014, the exams will be Saturday, August 23 at 9a.m. in the Music Building.
More information about Ensemble Auditions for Fall 2014 is posted on the homepage of the Music website.
page last updated 8/29/2014 5:04 PM