- Check with your academic advisor as soon as possible after admission to discuss coursework, portfolio dates, and testing.
- Depending on your content certification field and previous coursework, leveling courses at the graduate or undergraduate level, or other assigned activities, may be required in addition to the minimum 9 hours of academic specialization.
- A degree plan can be submitted only after results of the content TExES exam are received. Only courses in which a grade of “B” or better are achieved may be included on the degree plan.
- You must meet all TWU guidelines for receiving authorization to take the TExES examinations, both for the content exam and the Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (PPR) exam. To request authorization e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must pass the content TExES exam and complete all pedagogy coursework prior to enrolling in your practicum.
- Before beginning student teaching you must have completed all of your coursework other than student teaching and completed the TWU Pedagogy and Professional Responsibility (PPR) qualifying exam with a score of 75 or above (or the actual TExES content exam).
- You should begin your professional portfolio with your first class, maintain and expand it throughout your program, and submit it for approval prior to early in your final semester.
- While the 16 hours of Pedagogy and Responsibilities courses are primary online, those classes will require 1-4 face-to-face meetings each during the semester and some of your content courses may not be available online.
page updated 5/22/2015 3:26 PM