Important Things to Remember
- Check with your academic advisor as soon as possible after admission to discuss coursework, portfolio dates, and testing.
- Depending on your content certification field and previous coursework, leveling courses at the graduate or undergraduate level, or other assigned activities, may be required in addition to the minimum 9 hours of academic specialization.
- A degree plan can be submitted only after results of the content TExES exam are received. Only courses in which a grade of “B” or better are achieved may be included on the degree plan.
- You must meet all TWU guidelines for receiving authorization to take the TExES examinations, both for the content exam and the Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (PPR) exam. To request authorization e-mail email@example.com
- You must attempt all required TExES exams and complete all pedagogy coursework prior to enrolling in your practicum.
- Before beginning student teaching you must have completed all of your coursework other than student teaching and taken the TExES Pedagogy and Professional Responsibility (PPR) exam.
- You should begin your professional portfolio with your first class, maintain and expand it throughout your program, and submit it for approval prior to early in your final semester.
page updated 2/14/2017 8:42 AM