The purpose of F.I.R.S.T. is to support faculty research, curriculum development, and professional development. The FIRST program, offered through the TWU Libraries Reference Department, is designed to assist TWU Faculty with identifying and accessing material related to their research and teaching. This service is available to all TWU Faculty.
- Receive assistance identifying and accessing materials pertinent to your research.
- Read the TABLE OF CONTENTS of your favorite journals on your computer.
- Set up a Weekly Search Profile to identify recent literature in your area of research.
- Contact the TWU Library to receive the complete text of relevant citations.
When participants register for the service, they are assigned a personal librarian to assist them with their individual information needs for their:
- Course Creation or Updating
- Professional Development
- Database Searching
- Table of Contents Alerts
- Keyword/Phrase Search Alerts
- Document Delivery (PDF copies via email attachment or paper photocopies or books via campus mail for any resources needed by a faculty member and owned by the TWU Libraries or acquired through our licensed databases or Interlibrary Loan service)
- Interlibrary Loan Order Generation
- Bibliography or Reference List Checking
- Chronicle of Higher Education (daily delivery via email of summary contents for the current issue and delivery via email of any articles selected by individual faculty)
Contact F.I.R.S.T. Team
|Jimmie Lyn Harris
For additional information or to register for the F.I.R.S.T. program, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
page last updated 7/28/2015 9:07 AM