Young-Hoo Kwon, Ph.D.
Office: PH 123A
- 1993, Ph.D. in Exercise & Sport Science with specialization in Biomechanics and minor in Mechanical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA.
- 1986, M.Ed. in Physical Education with specialization in Biomechanics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- 1984, BS in Astronomy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- 2007-present: Editor, Sports Biomechanics
- 2005-2007: Vice President of Publications, International Society of Biomechanics in Sports
- 2008-present: Professor, Dept. of Kinesiology & Director, Biomechanics Laboratory, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX
- 2002-2008: Associate Professor, Dept. of Kinesiology & Director, Biomechanics Laboratory, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX. Tenured in 2006
- 2001-2001: Associate Professor, Dept. of Physical Education, Ball State University, Muncie, IN
- 1997-2001: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Physical Education, Ball State University, Muncie, IN
- 1993-1997: Senior Researcher, Biomechanics Department, Korea Sport Science Institute, Seoul, Korea
- 1993: Biomechanist & Software Engineer, Dr. Karl M. Newell's Lab., Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- 1988-1992: Graduate Assistant, Biomechanics Lab., Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- Software development for motion analysis
- Human-environment interaction
- Sport injury mechanism
- Walking pole biomechanics
- Computer simulation of the airborne movements
- Sport biomechanics
- Kwon, Y.-H., Shim, J., Shim, J. K., & Shin, I.-S. (Eds.) (2008). Scientific Proceedings of the XXVI International Conference on Biomechanics in Sports, Seoul, Korea: Seoul National University.
- Wilson, M. A., & Kwon, Y.-H. (2008). The role of biomechanics in understanding dance movement. Journal of Dance Medicine & Science, 12, 109-116.
- Christopher, G.A., Yoon, S., & Kwon, Y.-H. (2008). Accuracy of sequential sub-field synchronisation of multiple digital camcorders through numerical optimization. Sports Biomechanics, 7, 288-295.
- Ortiz, A., Olson, S., Trudelle-Jackson, E., Kwon, Y.-H., Etnyre, B., & Bartlett, W. (2008). Landing mechanics between non-injured women and women with ACL reconstruction during two jump tasks. American Journal of Sports Medicine, 36, 149-157.
- Kwon, Y.-H. (2007). Measurement for deriving kinematic parameters: numerical methods. In Y. Hong & R. M. Bartlett (Eds.), Routledge Handook of Biomechanics and Human Movement Science. Oxfordshire, UK: Routledge.
- Kwon, Y.-H., Christopher, G.A., Yoon, S. (2007). Internal validity of the functional method of hip joint center location. International Journal of Human Movement Science, 1(2), 5-20.
- Wilson, M. A., Ryu, J.-H., & Kwon, Y.-H. (2007). Contribution of the pelvis to gesture leg range of motion in a complex ballet movement: Grand rond de jambe en l’air en dehor. Journal of Dance Medicine & Science, 11, 118-123.
- Kwon, Y.-H., Wilson, M.A., & Ryu, J.-H. (2007). Analysis of the hip joint moments in grand rond de jambe en l’air. Journal of Dance Medicine & Science, 11, 93-99.
- Doan, B. K., Newton, R. U., Kraemer, W. J., Kwon, Y.-H., & Scheet, T. P. (2007). Salivary cortisol, testosterone, and T/C ratio responses during a 36-hole golf competition. International Journal of Sports Medicine, 28, 470-479.
- Ortiz, A, Olson, S., Libby, C.L., Kwon, Y.-H., & Jackson, E. (2007). Kinematic and kinetic reliability of three jumping and landing physical performance tests in young adult women. North American Journal of Sports Physical Therapy, 2, 104-112.
- KINS 3592 Kinesiology and Biomechanics
- KINS 5513 Mechanical Analysis of Human Movement
- KINS 6523 Advanced Biomechanics
- KINS 6623 Biomechanical Analysis I - Motion Analysis
- KINS 6643 Biomechanical Analysis II - Data Acquisition & Instrumentation
- KINS 6813 Advanced Research in Kinesiology
- KINS 6903 Special Topics
- Occupational Biomechanics
- Computing in Biomechanics
- Modeling in Biomechanics
page last updated 12/19/2014 12:29 PM