Kyle Biggerstaff, Ph.D.
Office: PH 116B
- 2000, PhD, Exercise Physiology, The Florida State University, Dept. of Food, Nutrition, and Exercise Sciences
- 1992, MS, Exercise Physiology, University of North Texas, Dept. of Kinesiology, Health Promotion, and Recreation
- 1988, BA, Physical Education, Southern Methodist University, Dept. of Physical Education
- Role of exercise in lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Reed, ME, Ben-Ezra, V, Biggerstaff, K, Nichols, D. (2012). The Effects of Two Bouts of High- and Low-Volume Resistance Exercise on Glucose Tolerance in Normoglycemic Women. Journal of Strength Conditioning Research, 26 (1), 251-260.
- Wooten, J.S., Biggerstaff, K.D., Ben-Ezra, V. (2011). A single 1-hr session of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise does not modify lipids and lipoproteins in normolipidemic obese women. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 36, 715-722.
- Koh, Y., Ben-Ezra, V., Biggerstaff, K.D., Nichols, D.L. (2010). Responses of blood lipids and lipoproteins to extended-release niacin and exercise in sedentary postmenopausal women. The Journals of Gerontology, 65A(9), 924-932.
- Wooten, J.S., Biggerstaff, K.D., Ben-Ezra, V. (2009). Responses of LDL and HDL particle size and distribution to omega-3 fatty acid supplementation and aerobic exercise. Journal of Applied Physiology, 107(3), 794-800.
- Smith, J.D., Nichols, D.L., Biggerstaff, K., DiMarco, N. (2009). Assessment of physical activity levels of 3rd and 4th grade children using pedometers during physical education class. International Council for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport, and Dance Journal of Research, 4, 73-79.
- Biggerstaff, K.D., & Wooten, J.S. 2009. Hyperlipidemia and Dyslipidemia in Clinical Exercise Physiology, 2nd ed. Ehrman, Gordon, Visich, Keteyian, eds. Human Kinetics.
- Wooten, J.S., Biggerstaff, K.D., & Anderson, C. (2008). Response of lipid, lipoprotein-cholesterol, and electrophoretic characteristics of lipoproteins following a single bout of aerobic exercise in women. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 104, 19-27.
- Biggerstaff, K.D., & Wooten, J.S. (2004). Understanding lipoproteins as transporters of cholesterol and other lipids. Advances in Physiology Education, 28, 105-106.
- Moffatt, R.J., Biggerstaff, K.D., & Stamford, B.A. (2000). Effects of the transdermal nicotine patch on normalization of HDL-C and its subfractions. Preventive Medicine, 2000, 31, 148-152.
- KINS 1902 Fitness and Health
- KINS 3602 Exercise Physiology
- KINS 4593 Measurement and Evaluation
- KINS 4702 Exercise Testing and Prescription
- KINS 5553 Advanced Exercise Physiology
- KINS 5583 Exercise Evaluation and Prescription
- KINS 5903 Environmental Exercise Physiology
- KINS 5903 Special Topics: Exercise and Cardiovascular Disease
- KINS 5903 Special Topics: Physical Fitness Assessment and Development for Special Populations
- KINS 6811 Doctoral Seminar
- Enjoy jogging, racquetball, camping and hiking, and guitar pickin'.
page last updated 5/1/2015 2:24 PM