- 1984, Ph.D., Physical Education with a Specialization in Exercise Physiology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- 1979, M.S., Physical Education with a Specialization in Exercise Physiology, Springfield College, Springfield, MA
- 1975, BS, Biology, City College of New York, New York, NY.
- 2006-present: Professor, Dept. of Kinesiology, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX
- 1989-2006: Associate Professor, Dept. of Kinesiology, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX. Tenured in 1990
- 1984-1989: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Physical Education, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX
- 1983-1984: Post Doctoral Research Fellow in Exercise Physiology, Department of PhysicalEducation, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- 1983: Assistant Instructor, Department of Physical Education, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- 1981-1982: Exercise Physiology Lab Graduate Assistant, Department of Physical Education, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- 1979-1981: Biologist, The National Institutes of Health, NINCDS, Bethesda, MD
- 1977-1979: Teaching Fellowship in Anatomy and Physiology, Department of Biology, Springfield College, Springfield, MA.
- Acute exercise effects on insulin responses
- Omega-3 fatty acids and exercise on insulin responses and blood lipids
- Eric Rivas, Dan E. Newmire, Craig G. Crandall, Phillip L. Hooper, Vic Ben-Ezra, Effects of an acute bout of whole body passive hyperthermia on glucose, insulin, and leptin responses in obese type 2 diabetics and healthy individuals. Journal of Thermal Biology, accepted for publication with revisions, Dec 2015.
- Eric Rivas, Josh Wooten, Daniel E. Newmire, Vic Ben-Ezra, Effects of omega-3 fatty acid supplementation combined with acute aerobic exercise on insulin and glucose responses in normoglycemic sedentary overweight men. European Journal of Applied Physiology, accepted for publication with revisions, Nov 2015.
- Reed, MJ, Ben-Ezra,V., Biggerstaff, KD, and Nichols, D."The Effects of Low- and High-Volume Resistance Exercise on Glucose Tolerance in Normoglycemic Women" Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2012, 26 (1): 251-260
- Wooten, JS, Biggerstaff, KD, and Ben-Ezra, V. “A Single 1-hr Session of Moderate-Intensity Aerobic Exercise Does Not Modify Lipids and Lipoproteins in Normolipidemic Obese Women”, Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism, 2011, 36: 715-722.
- Koh Y, Ben-Ezra V, Biggerstaff KD, Nichols DL. “Responses of blood lipids and lipoproteins to extended-release niacin and exercise in sedentary postmenopausal women.” J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2010 Sep;65(9): 924-32. Epub 2010 Jun 7.
- Wooten, Joshua S., K D Biggerstaff, and V Ben-Ezra. Responses of LDL and HDL Particle Size and Distribution to Omega-3 Fatty Acid Supplementation and Aerobic Exercise. Journal of Applied Physiology, 2009 Sep;107(3):794-800.
- KINS 5583 Hormonal Responses to Exercise
- KINS 5613 Cardiovascular Response To Exercise
- KINS 5573 Graded Exercise Testing
- KINS 5553 Advanced Exercise Physiology
- KINS 3603 Exercise Physiology
- KINS 4603 Advanced Exercise Physiology
page last updated 8/16/2016 11:11 AM