Welcome! It has been many years since the department last published an alumni newsletter. Thanks to the efforts of Dr. Bettye Myers, we will be back on track to publishing our newsletter twice a year.
The department has experienced tremendous changes and growth. Kinesiology continues to be one of the largest departments on campus. Enrollment has drastically increased at both the undergraduate and graduate level in the Department of Kinesiology. We have had a 98% increase in enrollment from 2000 to 2008 from 260 to 514 majors. Our undergraduate enrollment represents approximately three fourths of our majors. We are the largest department in the College of Health Sciences and the 6th largest program in the university.
Just a few bragging points:
- Ranked 29th in doctoral programs in Kinesiology by the American Academy of Kinesiology and Physical Education
- Only undergraduate Adapted Physical Education program in Texas
- Largest Adapted Physical Education masters and doctoral program in the world
- One of 5 national doctoral programs in Sports Management
- Only Biomechanics program in north Texas
- Only on-line master’s degree in Coaching (Softball) and beginning fall 2009 Coaching- and Sport Management
- One of the first master’s programs in Exercise and Sports Nutrition in the country
- $5 million External Research grants funded past 10 years
Keeping with the tradition of previous alumni newsletters, we will continue to provide you with our departmental news. In addition, please check our Kinesiology web site for the latest information and a special section for our alumni.
Charlotte (Barney) Sanborn, Ph.D.
page last updated 2/18/2014 4:23 PM