- 2012, Ph.D. in Kinesiology, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR
- 2009, M.S. in Health and Human Performance, Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KS
- 2006, M.S. in Spanish Language Education, Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 1999, Ed.D. in Curriculum & Instruction, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- 1992, M.A. in Religion, Southern Nazarene University, Bethany, OK
- 1987, B.A. in American Studies, Southwestern University, Georgetown, TX.
- 2012-present: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Kinesiology, Texas Woman’s University, Denton, TX
- 2010-2012: Associate Professor, School of Physical Education, Sport, and Exercise Science, Bacone College, Muskogee, OK
- 2005-2009: Assistant Professor, Modern Languages, Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, OK
- 2002-2005: Assistant Professor, Health and Human Performance, Nicholls State University, Thibodaux, LA
- 2000-2002: Technology Grant Coordinator, St. Gregory’s University, Shawnee, OK
- The effects of coach feedback on athletic performance
- Effective youth sport coaching in tactical and technical skills
- Using the teaching games for understanding (TGfU approach) in coaching in the adapted physical education environment.
- Mann, M., & Gorman, D. (2013, January). The effects of coach feedback on athletic performance. Paper presented at the International Conference on Education, Hawaii.
- Mann, M. (1997). Using interaction/IP for web based education, current practices in web based course development. Paper presented at Northern Arizona University.
- KINS 5203: Theory of Coaching
- KINS 5263: Sport Psychology
- KINS 5293: Technical Skills Analysis
- KINS 5303: Coaching Tactical Skills
- KINS 5903: Special Topics: Case Analysis in Sport
- KINS 5903: Special Topics: Organization and Admin. For Effective Team Management
- 17 years of volleyball club coaching experience (1995- present) and has been either an assistant or head coach at the high school and collegiate level since 1988.
- Mann has assisted Southern Nazarene University (1989), Redlands Community College (1999), and Nicholls State University (2003) in going to their respective NAIA, NJCAA, and NCAA division 1 National Volleyball Tournaments. In 2001, Mann was the head coach at St. Gregory's University, where he led his team to a 27-13 record, and a trip to the NAIA Regional Finals. In 2003 and 2004, Mann served as an assistant coach at E.D. White Catholic High School in Louisiana and helped lead the team to the AAA state finals two years in a row.
- Volunteer Assistant Volleyball Coach at the University of Tulsa (2008-2012). Tulsa has made two straight NCAA tournament appearances and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament in 2010 and 2011.
- Mann is the director of the Summit Institute, an organization that provides sports equipment, sport clinics, and housing improvement for community leaders in Latin America. The Summit Institute also provides Educational Awards to girls youth sport coaches in the USA.
page last updated 3/26/2013 6:42 PM