OIE will issue an I-20 AFTER a transfer student's status has been changed to ACCEPTED in the colleague system and their SEVIS record has been transferred to TWU.
OIE can prepare a SEVIS I-20 for international transfer students because it complies with U.S. governmental regulations.
- TWU must receive a completed Transfer In Request form which states the date the student's SEVIS record will be transferred to TWU.
- Regulations require TWU receive a copy of the transfer student's passport, visa, I-94 card, current I-20 and official certification verifying that sufficient funds are available for the 9-month academic year.
- Original documents are required. (*Note: TWU Office of International Education will accept scanned or faxed copies of financial documents but student is required to bring original documents during Orientation week when reporting to our office.)
- A student must allow 2 weeks for our office to process an I-20 after the SEVIS record has been transferred and all immigration and financial documents have been received.
- ALL transfer and new international students MUST attend international orientation and have on file with Student Health Services the negative results of a TB test before registering for classes.
- After the student has arrived it is important to the TWU International Program and to the international student to maintain F-1 status while they are in the U.S.
Do not hesitate to contact OIE with questions you may have.
page last updated 7/8/2014 8:38 AM