OIE will issue an I-20 AFTER a transfer student's status has been changed to ACCEPTED in the colleague system and their SEVIS record has been transferred to TWU.
OIE can prepare a SEVIS I-20 for international transfer students because it complies with U.S. governmental regulations.
- TWU must receive a completed Transfer In Request form which states the date the student's SEVIS record will be transferred to TWU.
- Regulations require TWU receive a copy of the transfer student's passport, visa, I-94 card, current I-20 and official certification verifying that sufficient funds are available for the 9-month academic year.
- Original documents are required. (*Note: TWU Office of International Education will accept scanned or faxed copies of financial documents but student is required to bring original documents during Orientation week when reporting to our office.)
- A student must allow 2 weeks for our office to process an I-20 after the SEVIS record has been transferred and all immigration and financial documents have been received.
- ALL transfer and new international students MUST attend international orientation and have on file with Student Health Services the negative results of a TB test before registering for classes.
- After the student has arrived it is important to the TWU International Program and to the international student to maintain F1 status while they are in the U.S.
Do not hesitate to contact OIE with questions you may have.
page last updated 9/20/2013 1:40 PM