- OIE will issue an I-20 AFTER a student's status has been changed to ACCEPTED in the colleague system.
- All international students MUST receive a copy of the TWU acceptance letter to take to the U.S. Consulate in their home country to obtain an F1 Visa.
- OIE can prepare a SEVIS I-20 for international students because it complies with U.S. governmental regulations.
- A SEVIS I-20 is required to obtain a F1 student visa.
- Regulations require TWU receive a copy of the student's passport and official certification verifying that sufficient funds are available for the 9-month academic year.
- Original documents are required. (*Note: TWU Office of International Education will accept scanned or faxed copies of financial documents but student is required to bring original documents during Orientation week when reporting to our office.)
- ALL new and transfer international students MUST attend international orientation and have on file with Student Health Services the negative results of a TB test before registering for classes.
- A student must allow 2 weeks for our office to process an I-20 after all of the immigration and financial documents have been received.
After the student has arrived it is important to the TWU International Program and to the international student to maintain F1 status while they are in the U.S.
Do not hesitate to contact OIE with questions you may have.
page last updated 9/20/2013 1:40 PM