- OIE will issue an I-20 AFTER a student's status has been changed to ACCEPTED in the colleague system.
- All international students MUST receive a copy of the TWU acceptance letter to take to the U.S. Consulate in their home country to obtain an F-1 Visa.
- OIE can prepare a SEVIS I-20 for international students because it complies with U.S. governmental regulations.
- A SEVIS I-20 is required to obtain a F-1 student visa.
- Regulations require TWU receive a copy of the student's passport and official certification verifying that sufficient funds are available for the 9-month academic year. TRANSFER STUDENTS must also submit copies of their visa, I-94 card and current I-20.
- Original documents are required. (Note: OIE will accept scanned or faxed copies of financial documents but student is required to bring original documents during Orientation week when reporting to our office.)
- ALL new and transfer international students MUST attend international orientation and have on file with Student Health Services the negative results of a TB test before registering for classes.
- A student must allow 2 weeks for OIE to process an I-20 after all of the immigration and financial documents have been received.
- TRANSFER STUDENTS - OIE must receive a completed Transfer Clearance form which states the date the student's SEVIS record will be transferred to TWU.
- TRANSFER STUDENTS must allow 2 weeks for OIE to process an I-20 after the SEVIS record has been transferred and all immigration and financial documents have been received.
After the student has arrived it is important to the TWU International Program and to the international student to maintain F-1 status while they are in the U.S.
Do not hesitate to contact OIE with questions you may have.
page last updated 9/29/2016 10:57 AM