Reporting requirements for maintaining your F-1 Status
- New and Transfer international students must report to the Office of International Education for document check-in and orientation.
- Change of address: You must notify International Education, the Registrar’s Office, Human Resources (if you are employed on campus) and Immigration within 10 days.
- Reduced Course Load: must be approved by International Education prior to enrollment in or dropping to less than a full course load. Fulltime enrollment for an undergraduate student is 12 credits. Fulltime enrollment for a graduate student is 9 credits.
- On-Line Classes: Student must complete an Online Course reporting form and submit a course syllabus listing the in-class schedule for each 100% online, hybrid, or televideo course in which they are enrolling.
- On campus employment: 20 hours per week while enrolled in classes.
- Off campus employment: must be authorized prior to beginning off-campus employment. Be sure to allow sufficient time for processing.
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) – allow at least 2 weeks.
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) – allow 4 months.
- Economic Hardship – allow 4 months.
- Extension of I-20: apply at least 30 days before the I-20 expires.
- Travel endorsement: allow 2 weeks before traveling; an I-20 signed for travel is good for one year.
- Change of level (degree level): must be reported to International Education within 15 days of beginning a new degree level program.
- Change of major: Apply to International Education for a new I-20.
- Prior to transfer to a new school: Notify International Education.
- Prior to ending studies at TWU for any reason, you must notify International Education.
- Prior to concurrent enrollment at another school: you must notify International Education and obtain a Concurrent Enrollment Form for the other school. You must show proof of enrollment immediately upon registration. You must also show completion of the courses to International Education.
- Orientation: All new and transfer international students must attend an International Orientation provided by TWU.
page last updated 8/16/2016 11:19 AM