- The Disability Challenge
- Internet Resources for the Special Child, Resources for recreation and sports among other things.
- Project I.N.S.P.I.R.E., Texas Woman's University
Sport Supply Sources and Vendors
- Able Data Information of wheelchairs for children
- Achievable Concepts Adaptive Recreation Products
- Autism and Developmental Delay Resource Catalog
- Achievement Products Professional Pediatric Rehabilitation Catalog
- Abilitations Professional catalog produced by Sportime.
- Flaghouse Professional catalog for physical education and recreation.
- Southpaw Enterprises Professional catalog include therapy and sensory integration products.
- Tumbleforms Variety of positioning equipment.
- Palos Sports Variety of mainstream sport and games.
- TFH (USA) Ltd. Line of adapted toys and products for children and adults with special needs.
- U.S. Games Variety of sports, games and physical education equipment.
- Active Living. Disability Today Publishing Group 132 Main Street East, Suite 1, Grimsby, Ontario, Canada L3M 1P1.
- Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly. Human Kinetics Publishers, Inc. 1607 N. Market Street, Champaign, IL 61820-2200.
- Palaestra. Challenge Publications Ltd., P.O. Box 508, 1948 Riverview Drive, Macomb, IL 61455.
- Sports 'N Spokes Paralyzed Veterans of America, 2111 East Highland Avenue, Suite 180, Phoenix, AZ 85016-4702.
- American champions (promotional video of the U.S. Disabled Sports Team). Message Makers, 1217 Turner, Lansing, MI 48906.
- Portraits of Possibility (documentary video about blind athletes). The Cinema Guild, Inc., 1697 Broadway, Suite 506, New York, NY 10019-5904. Call (800) 723-5522.
- Triumph of the human spirit: The story of the 1996 Atlanta Paralympic Games (official commemorative video). Call 800-392-1875.
- World triumph (commemorative video of the 1996 Atlanta Paralympic Games). Message Makers, 1217 Turner, Lansing, MI 48906.
- Alliance for Technology Access
- Center for Accessible Technology
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America
- Trace Center Run within college of engineering, University of Wisconsin at Madison
Written by Amy McBride, A.P.E. Specialist, Occupational Therapist,
Ph.D. student, Texas Woman’s University.
Please reprint only with permission of the author
page last updated 1/11/2016 10:15 AM