Employee Retirement System Group Benefit Plan
Take advantage of your health plan's free wellness tools. The GBP offers a full menu of scientifically based health and wellness programs for state employees and their families. As a HealthSelect of Texas participant, you can:
- Manage your health using a free online tool, the Personal Health Manager (Download a flyer about the Personal Health Manager.)
- Take the Health Risk Assessment to learn more about your health
- Earn points to get store and restaurant gift cards and other rewards
- Get discounts on weight loss programs, eyewear, and much more
- Enroll in a free program to lose weight or quit smoking
To access these tools and learn more, visit the HealthSelect website.
Online and self-help programs
As a Health Select participant, you and your covered family members have access to tools, resources, and rewards that can help you improve your health - all at no additional cost. Health Select participants have access to the Personal Health Manager. HealthSelect and the HMOs that participate in the State of Texas health plan also offer smoking cessation programs:
- HealthSelect offers a Tobacco Cessation Program and a Motivational Toolkit to help you quit smoking.
- If you qualify for one of our Destination Wellness programs, you will have access to a Blue Care Advisor, a personal telephone coach who works with you and your doctor; or
- Use the online Lose Weight or Stop Smoking tools in the Personal Health Manager. You'll earn Blue Points for participating.
Get Free Lozenges, Gum or Patches Through State Program
State employees, retirees, and dependents are eligible for free nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) available through the Texas Quitline, at (877) YES-QUIT (937-7848). This program is offered by the Department of State Health Resources.
American Cancer Society
American Heart Association (AHA)
7272 Greenville Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75231
American Lung Association
61 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10006
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
409 12th Street SW
Washington, DC 20024-2188
National Cancer Institute
Nicotine Anonymous World Services
P.O. Box 591777
San Francisco, CA 94159-1777
US Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Office of the Surgeon General
7 Steps to a Smoke-Free Life, by E.B. Fisher, Jr.
page last updated 5/3/2013 5:46 PM