Starting in February, the OpEd Project will come to TWU to present small seminars lead by professional journalists coaching clarity, efficacy and confidence. The project also conducts monthly conference calls and one-on-one mentoring. As part of the training, fellows receive practical tutoring on how to expand influence through TV and radio interviews, and social media.
Many of the top universities in the nation including Stanford, Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth, Columbia, Emory, and Northwestern have utilized this program to increase the public visibility and opinion impact of their faculty women. Last year’s 2012-2013 Texas Woman’s University program included community activists as well as TWU faculty and was one of the most successful in the OpEd Project’s history. Through the training, encouragement and professional guidance of the Public Voices Thought Leadership Project, last year’s 20 participants placed over 48 opinion pieces publishing in media outlets including the Huffington Post, Dallas Morning News, PBS, and the Guardian. They also had 33 opinion pieces on radio or TV. The 2014 Public Voices Thought Leadership Program is made possible through a generous grant from the Kaleta A. Doolin Advised Fund at the Dallas Women’s Foundation. Financial backing was also provided by the History & Government Department and Student Life.
2014 Thought Leadership Participants
- Eliza Alvarado
- Tammy Cline-Soza
- Stephany R. Compton
- Dr. Carmen Cruz
- Dr. Sara Fanning
- Dr. Mandy Golman
- Susan Hamilton
- Michelle Hays
- Lt. Colonel Nancy Klein
- Dr. Alice Masciarelli
- Wendy McGee
- Amy O'Keefe
- Jana C. Perez
- Michelle Prudhomme-Coleman
Dr. Annetta Ramsay
- Putting Down the Weight: How Social Media Makes Eating Disorders Worse
- Oak Street Preservation
- Insurance for Eating Disorders Inadequate
- We need laws that protect us from fracking
- What happens when the teacher is the bully?
- Barbie Needs a New Accessory: Retirement Home
- Eating Disorders Are Not Just for Women
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Tilts the Sex-Power Balance
- Where are we with insurance for eating disorders in 2015?
- Pioneers in preserving history to get honors
- Dr. Katie Rose
- Major General Mary Saunders (USAF, Ret.)
- Dr. Mona Kazim Shah
- Dr. Heather Speed
Dr. Mary Amanda "Mandy" Stewart
- Speak American: Be multilingual
- Be Divergent and Other Lessons for My Daughter
- DREAMers dream of Congress saying 'yes'
- Why Is Bilingual Education Better?
- I'm Not That Girl in the Country Song
- How About Landmark Immigration Case 'Plyler V. Doe' Becomes 'Plyler And Doe'?
- Why not give all kids a head start on Spanish?
- Jana Perez and Mandy Golman
- Katherine Rose and Mandy Stewart
- Alice Masciarelli and Annetta Ramsay
page updated 2/12/2015 1:45 PM