Admission Requiments for MA Programs
- Admission to the TWU Graduate School
- Admission to History and Government
- In addition to the Graduate School's admissions criteria, applicants must meet admission criteria of the Department of History and Government.
- Financial Aid is available.
- Scholarships may be available.
- Teaching and research assistantships may be available.
- Information for international students is available in the TWU Office of International Education.
Admission Requirements for Department of History and Government
- An approved application
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of course work
- Supporting coursework in history and/or government with a miniumum of twelve hours of upper-level undergraduate or graduate courses
- A 3 to 5 page written statement about your career goals and professional development as they relate to our graduate program
- Two letters of reference from faculty from whom you have taken at least one course. If you graduated from TWU you may use the Internal Recommendation Form (Word) instead of letters.
- Other supporting information that you deem relevant (optional)
- Letters and statement of purpose should be emailed as attachments to Barbara Presnall (email@example.com) and Lynette Hudson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- International students also should consult with the TWU Office of International Education for additional requirements.
page updated 4/15/2014 8:33 PM