Readiness for Education At a Distance Indicator (READI) is an online self-assessment tool to provide students with information on their ability to succeed in distance education courses. Distance education courses are not any easier than traditional courses, are usually not self-paced and often contain more information than corresponding face-to-face courses. To be successful in distance courses, information about your personal strengths and weaknesses may be helpful. The purpose of READI is to help you learn more about skills and traits that have been shown to enable students to become successful in distance education.
Your scores will not impact your application to the program. After completing the assessment, you will receive links to self-help resources along with your score.
If you are ready to take the READI assessment:
1.Click on the URL to navigate to the READI assessment: http://twu.readi.info/.
2. Select the user name "HSPREADI" from the drop down list. Then, enter the password "online".
3. Complete the Personal Information section. Be sure to provide your email information – if you need to stop the test and resume it later, you will need the PIN number READI sends out to you via email. Once you have completed the assessment, you can also use this PIN to go back and see your scores if you would like to review them.
4. Also complete the School Requested Data sections. You will need to select something here to continue to the assessment:
- In section 1, choose your distance education program. You must choose ONE of the options listed.
- In section 2, indicate whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student. You must choose ONE of the options listed.
5. Click "Start the READI Assessment" and complete the assessment. If you need to, you may stop during the assessment and save the assessment. You can return and complete the assessment using your PIN number (see number 3 above).
page last updated 2/27/2014 4:59 PM