- Enroll in HS 4121 the semester prior to your internship experience.
- Submit “Intent to Register for Internship” form during the Fall or Spring semester prior to your internship experience.
- Make an appointment with HS Academic Advisor to submit a Formal TWU (B.S. in Health Studies) Degree Plan one year prior to internship. (The degree plan will be reviewed by our Department Chair and TWU Registrar).
- Complete at least 90 credit hours of total course work (senior classification) before enrolling in Internship.
- Attain the minimum GPA requirements (Health Studies and Cumulative GPA of 2.75 and “C” or better in all Health Studies Courses). Any courses that require remediation must be taken PRIOR TO enrolling into internship.
- Successfully complete prerequisites prior to the Internship: ALL TWU courses must be completed and a cumulative HS GPA of 2.75.
- Obtain approval from the Internship Coordinator and the preceptor of the proposed internship site prior to registration.
Contact Dr. Roger Shipley, Internship Coordinator at RShipley@twu.edu or 940-898-2840 for clarification and further information!
Click here to download the Internship Packet.
Possible Internship Opportunities:
- American Heart Association
- Baylor Tom Landry Center
- Cooper Aerobics and Fitness
- Dallas County Health and Human Services
- All As One, Inc. - Sierra Leone Orphanage
- Christian Community Action Adult Health Center
- National Kidney Foundation of North Texas
- Raytheon Fitness
These are just a few of the companies that offer internships during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. There are many more, so please contact Dr. Roger Shipley at RShipley@twu.edu for more details.
Click on the following link to view a short video clip of some of the highlights of TWU's Health Studies Intern Fair 2010: http://animoto.com/play/iDllF2FKxwEeAPbZNzSUMQ
page updated 7/14/2016 9:40 AM